PDA

View Full Version : Jon Brown - a week too soon?

liz
11th July 2004, 03:28 PM
Mr Brown has just laid a lovely late swinging hook to the head of our favourite Bulldog (:D ) Mr Grant. Was sufficient to cause Grant to leave the ground, walking but in the hands of the trainers.

Looks like Brown has read the script but has he mistimed it? Looks like a two weeker to me and we don't play the Lions for another three weeks.

Charlie
11th July 2004, 03:34 PM
Reckon so.

Depends whether the tribunal gives him another one for his record.

TheHood
11th July 2004, 03:35 PM
Was thinking exactly the same thing. But Granty is in real strife health wise.

Browny already started the year suspended, the umps hate him, the tribunal might just be sick of him.

I reckon it was late, deliberate and these little 2 week suspensions aren't deterring him. The bloke's a thug...GIVE HIM 4!

Barry Schneider
11th July 2004, 03:37 PM
Has to be at least 3 if you compared it to Tarrant's.Grant is severely distressed plus Brown has a pretty poor record at the tribunal.

NMWBloods
11th July 2004, 03:50 PM
At first I thought 1-2 weeks, but Grant looks to be in a lot of trouble and this is Brown's third report in less than a year, so he may get 3 weeks.

Snowy
11th July 2004, 04:01 PM
with his record he might get about four. Remember the last time he got rubbed out it was just a rough tackle so the tribunal is not favourably disposed towards him.

sharp9
12th July 2004, 01:09 PM
I pick 5 weeks.

Look, Browny it's just got to stop!

Speshall
12th July 2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by TheHood
Was thinking exactly the same thing. But Granty is in real strife health wise.

Browny already started the year suspended, the umps hate him, the tribunal might just be sick of him.

I reckon it was late, deliberate and these little 2 week suspensions aren't deterring him. The bloke's a thug...GIVE HIM 4!

Matthews is a clever coach. His first thing after the game was to criticise the AFL. Well if i wasn't so cynical (and wary) i would be thinking Matthews was warning the Tribunal, that if they rub Browny out he (Matthews) just might voice exasperation towards the AFL in particular if he feels he is being gagged from criticising the decision. As a result the AFL may instruct the tribunal to just "go a little easy on Browny, as we don't wish to fine Matthews for voicing his opinion and therefore draw further criticism from the clubs and media"!

BAM_BAM
12th July 2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Speshall
As a result the AFL may instruct the tribunal to just "go a little easy on Browny, as we don't wish to fine Matthews for voicing his opinion and therefore draw further criticism from the clubs and media"!

or go easy on him and draw attention from other clubs? either way they're going to cop some attention. Hopefully it will be from Matthews. The guy can play but he's a thug.

Perhaps they should sit him with our Bazza for a good talking to, as once the reps there (warrented or not) it's hard to shake off.