PDA

View Full Version : Buchanan, Fosdike expected back

Snowy
13th July 2004, 11:57 AM
this week according to Roos. Who would be expected to make way? Would you consider giving Schneider a run in the lower comp given that Skilled Stadium is a vast ground and will test the fitness of all?

Rob-bloods
13th July 2004, 12:37 PM
Agreed, if the others are fitter, decide on the basis of match ups.

Incidentally, weather forecast Geelong - Showers Fri-Sat
Then,
Sunday High: 13?C Cloudy
Wind: From the South Southwest at 11 mph
Precip: 10 % Max. Humidity: 74 % UV Index: 1 Low

ScottH
13th July 2004, 01:39 PM
Fosdike in the 2's.

McVeigh out for Buchanan.

This is not my wish , this is my opinion of how they might be selected.

liz
13th July 2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by hemsleys
Fosdike in the 2's.

McVeigh out for Buchanan.

This is not my wish , this is my opinion of how they might be selected.

I'd have thought it more likely to be the other way around. One is a proven senior player with around a hundred games experience and is clearly seen by the club as a starting 22 player.

The other is a fringe player who has fewer than 10 games to his name, albeit the last four of them surprisingly good. If Schneider were still out I could see Monty coming straight back in. Having both in the team, rusty from injury, as well as another rusty, small, fairly inexperienced, pocket / fringe midfielder in Fixter, doesn't really make much sense.

Captain
13th July 2004, 02:48 PM
Fact is, for various reasons, Monty has played better footy than Fosdike this year.

In: Monty
Out: McVeigh

ScottH
13th July 2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by lizz
I'd have thought it more likely to be the other way around. One is a proven senior player with around a hundred games experience and is clearly seen by the club as a starting 22 player.

The other is a fringe player who has fewer than 10 games to his name, albeit the last four of them surprisingly good. If Schneider were still out I could see Monty coming straight back in. Having both in the team, rusty from injury, as well as another rusty, small, fairly inexperienced, pocket / fringe midfielder in Fixter, doesn't really make much sense.

Ditto what Captain said. I think his enthusiasm is what is needed he showed a lot of promise in the few games he has played, more than Fosdike!!!

13th July 2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by hemsleys
Ditto what Captain said. I think his enthusiasm is what is needed he showed a lot of promise in the few games he has played, more than Fosdike!!!
Fosdike and Buchanan have two different playing styles. No McVeigh, no Fosdike, and we would seem to lack a bit of running power in the side, I think.

midaro
13th July 2004, 09:22 PM
All I ask is that we field no more than two of: Schneider, Fosdike, Fixter and Buchannon.

IMO, half fit first 18 players are inferior to fully fit peripheral players.