PDA

View Full Version : U/18 Championships

penga
13th July 2004, 03:56 PM
this is worth noting:

1. Edward Clarke - New South Wales/Australian Capital Territory

Despite playing in a losing team, Clarke's performance was one of the best of the carnival. He almost single-handedly got the Rams over the line, as he booted six goals, claimed 26 touches, 11 clearances, seven inside 50s and three rebounds. All-Australian.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=159892

if only we still had zone selections! :(

does anybody have any other information on this bloke? 6 goals and 11 clearances is a hell of a performance!!!

Clarke collected 26 touches, gained 11 clearances and provided 10 rebounds, including seven inside 50 and three from the defensive zone. It was a stunning individual performance. Clarke was duly rewarded with his side's most valuable player.

also worth noting that Shaw (198cm, 93kg) was named in the best for NSW again

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=newsarchive&spg=display&articleid=159460

penga
13th July 2004, 04:05 PM
Edward CLARKE 11/06/86 178 91 RAMS/North Shore

http://afl.com.au/?pg=pathwayarchive&spg=u18champsdisplay&articleid=157649

91kg! 91kg!

either he is built like a brick **** house or he is a fat arse... thats heavy for that size, it has to be a typo

anyone a regular at any north shore games?

ugg
13th July 2004, 04:30 PM
I've been reading some reports on bigfooty and he has been described as a 'chunky Libba'. He's probably too stocky for his height which might count against him and it was noted that 'his type is usually overlooked'. Also noted for his ability to gain clearances, and worked well with Shaw.

DST
13th July 2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by ugg
I've been reading some reports on bigfooty and he has been described as a 'chunky Libba'. He's probably too stocky for his height which might count against him and it was noted that 'his type is usually overlooked'. Also noted for his ability to gain clearances, and worked well with Shaw.

Sounds like a very good opportunity to rookie list him. Probably will get over looked in the draft due to his size and body shape.

We can then pre list him as a rookie, give him a run for a couple of years in the reserves and list him if he is up to it physically (sounds like football wise he is a goer).

DST
:D

Barry Schneider
13th July 2004, 04:55 PM
A fat arsed extractor.We could do with one.

Mark
13th July 2004, 05:14 PM
I only saw one game vs qld but thought "Mcglynn" (think that was his name/spelling) was a likely prospect. Blonde midfielder, seemed to have very clean hands and picked up some nice touches/kicks.

have not seen any stats though so no idea what his final tally was ?

ugg
13th July 2004, 05:57 PM
30 Kurt McGLYNN 05/11/86 174 74 Pioneers/Wentworth

Only two comments I found:
"Jayden Kotzer and Kurt McGlynn have mature bodies but probably not quite the talent to make it."
"Kurt McGlynn (Bendigo) - should have good year, but not AFL type." (in regards to TAC cup)

There is also a small profile at Hawk Headquarters, about a page down:
http://www.hawkheadquarters.com/article.aspx?articleid=1155

Also ran across another description of Clarke
"Ed Clarke ? 11 Jun 86, 178cm, 91kg. Built like an absolute tank, all muscle though. Hard working inside midfielder who is a leader. Probably not needed at Hawthorn and I question his scope for improvement, but can play."

Mark
13th July 2004, 07:04 PM
Geez, tough call from what i saw at his age but i guess someone has to make it

Thanks for that

penga
14th July 2004, 10:29 AM
calling - richard davis... did you see any of clarke?

he is the same weight as buckley but the height of mitchell... FWIW, he is 5kg heavier than mitchell!

penga
14th July 2004, 10:35 AM
if "his type get overlooked", it would be an excellent opportunity to take shaw with the 2nd round pick and take clarke with our third

that type of player is a priority for our list IMO and considering that he is a local boy, id like to see him picked up as early as possible

if we were to snare shaw and clarke, it could provide some real grunt to our midfield

i love the draft :D