PDA

View Full Version : If you love the Swans.....

j s
14th July 2004, 01:15 PM
....the teams to back this week are:

Collingwood over Brisbane (hoping the Eddies win is ver difficult)
Carlton over Kangaroos (this one is neutral in hatred)
Richmond over St Kilda (Go Tiges!!)
Crows over Freo (Poor Freo - but sacrifices have to be made)
Hawks over Port (do it for Shane!)
Doggies over Demons (Go Doggies!!)
WC over Bombers (LLoyd to get zero!!)

plus, naturally, Swans over Cats

All teams currently in the eight are playing teams outside the eight (except us)

Bart
14th July 2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by j s
....the teams to back this week are:

Collingwood over Brisbane (hoping the Eddies win is ver difficult)
Carlton over Kangaroos (this one is neutral in hatred)
Richmond over St Kilda (Go Tiges!!)
Crows over Freo (Poor Freo - but sacrifices have to be made)
Hawks over Port (do it for Shane!)
Doggies over Demons (Go Doggies!!)

plus, naturally, Swans over Cats

All except the first. Can't bring myself to it. Go Lions. Happy to concede minor premiership to see final nail in the coffin for the filth

sharpie
14th July 2004, 01:37 PM
I thought the original post in this thread was going to be something like:

If you love the Swans....

....clap your hands :p

I really didnt see the point of such a thread. No one on a web forum can hear you clapping anyway.

j s
14th July 2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Bart
All except the first. Can't bring myself to it. Go Lions. Happy to concede minor premiership to see final nail in the coffin for the filth
sort of a....."I'd do anything for love, but I won't do that!"

penga
14th July 2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by j s

i hope WC smash the slow arse bombers over there at subi... they wouldve won the rd 3 - we'll let lloyd off after belting dal santo - game if the tribunal didnt have rocks in their head and the gift goals the umpire gave him

best game ive ever watched - entertainment wise - but i wish it was remembered as an eagles W

Cheer Cheer
14th July 2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by j s
[BAll teams currently in the eight are playing teams outside the eight (except us) [/B]

And Geelong ;)

j s
14th July 2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Cheer Cheer
And Geelong ;) You could say (and I will say) that was implied. :p

Charlie
14th July 2004, 03:15 PM
I'm with Bart - can't bring myself to go for the filth.

"Now, don't be sad... 'cause seven of eight ain't bad..."

dread and might
14th July 2004, 03:17 PM
yeah can't go for scumwood ever.

i also definitely hate north more than carlton.

Tooth Fairy
14th July 2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by j s
sort of a....."I'd do anything for love, but I won't do that!" Thanks VERY much. Now I have that bloody Meatloaf song in my head! :mad:

pillowtalk
14th July 2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Tooth Fairy
Thanks VERY much. Now I have that bloody Meatloaf song in my head! :mad:
Great. Hadn't even thought of that when I'd read it! Thanks to you that makes two of us :p

JF_Bay22_SCG
14th July 2004, 04:04 PM
The message is simple.

"Stand up"

I actually want to get "Stand up if you love the Swans" ("Go West" tune) going in Geelong. Do you reckon it would work Robbie et all?

JF

PS:- It does in Roosters Chook Pen, hey Robbie. :D

Bart
14th July 2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Bart

Caveat: If it means us finsihing second to the Lions, and relinquishing a home preliminary final in Sydney I may have to swallow the bitter pill of a Pies win.

BTW, watch this space. How many articles will be written about salry cap advantages on Sunday and Monday if Lions win. Every time the Lions beat the filth the same old dead horse gets flogged by eddie and co.

robbieando
14th July 2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
The message is simple.

"Stand up"

I actually want to get "Stand up if you love the Swans" ("Go West" tune) going in Geelong. Do you reckon it would work Robbie et all?

JF

PS:- It does in Roosters Chook Pen, hey Robbie. :D

How are we going to get the Grannies out of their Wheel-chairs though??? I doubt if it will have much effect in Geelong considering the Cheer Squad will be by itself in the pocket, but I see why not at the Dome or the G.

Nico
14th July 2004, 09:18 PM
You people are being very unkind to the Collingwood people.

As someone who has seen all the traditions and dickheads at the footyover 4 decades, I say you can't go past Essendon supporters, though Hawthorn are now right up there.

As an opposition supporter you didn't go to the men's dunnies after a game at Windy Hill under any circumstances. Saw so many noses splattered across faces it wasn't funny. Nasty place to be.
At AFL Park one day this 30's something creature genuinely frothing at the mouth, was getting stuck into the umps as they walked onto the ground at the start.

Whereas the Pies supporters tatts and all and no teeth were always genial and happy to share a joke or 3. Never saw a fight or got into a verbal jousting match at Vic Park. They may be feral and dumb, but harmless.

Nico
14th July 2004, 09:21 PM
I can't wait to see if the old granny with her battered old grey coat is in the outer this week. Always a source of amusement to supporters of all sides. Swears like a trooper and gives it to the Swans players something shocking.

Has anyone observed this old shiela before?

JF_Bay22_SCG
16th July 2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Nico
You people are being very unkind to the Collingwood people.

As someone who has seen all the traditions and dickheads at the footyover 4 decades, I say you can't go past Essendon supporters, though Hawthorn are now right up there.

As an opposition supporter you didn't go to the men's dunnies after a game at Windy Hill under any circumstances. Saw so many noses splattered across faces it wasn't funny. Nasty place to be.
At AFL Park one day this 30's something creature genuinely frothing at the mouth, was getting stuck into the umps as they walked onto the ground at the start.

Whereas the Pies supporters tatts and all and no teeth were always genial and happy to share a joke or 3. Never saw a fight or got into a verbal jousting match at Vic Park. They may be feral and dumb, but harmless.

Actually I totally agree with you. I was at the Telstra Dome last year against the Pies and found the Collingwood support to be extremely muted. Pies supporters around us were not even clapoing goals and were giving me to "Ah gawd, look at that freak!" look I normally get at the SCG. I was very surprised. Of course we will always have the biggest "bandwagon" support in the league but if anyone talks about the Collingwood 'passion' one more time I'll scream. As a lot of Collingwood supporters have suddenly become members since they started becoming successful. (If only we had a complete hegemony of the media like the Pies do.)

Essendon did have some absolute horror supporters. In 1992 (Bucky's last day at the club) Elle McFeast brought 70 people from the Live and Sweaty Audience to help us in the Cheer Squad. The Essendon Grog Squad were in full form, and were up for trouble big time. There was even this animal who had "I hate Collingwood" tattooed on his back.

But , as I'm sure Norris Lurker will testify, there has been a huge change in the demographic of Essendon crowds since the move to more sophisticated climbs such as the G and the Dome. Gone are the Grog squad ratbags. In are teenage girls squealing behind the goals squealing at Lloydy.

But I agree, Essendon supporters may not be as feral-looking as those in black and white. But they are often more borish, more cocky (for no reason), and more obnoxious than anyone. South Australians are generally the most feral (the expat Crows fans with mullets and earrings are just as bad as the Port supporters if not worse at the SCG). But they are just yobs, and generally aren't niggly or snide. I can handle ferals, but hate cocky arrogant headcase supporters with big mouths.

Of those Essendon take the cake I'm afraid. Of the supporters who are the nicest, I'd say maybe Melbourne or Fremantle. Of the Cheer Squads I talk to, I'd put the Lions Melbourne squad Port and the Crows right up there with the friendliest. The most obnoxious, North Melbourne (Judy the rat woman!!!!), Essendon and Collingwood.

JF

JF_Bay22_SCG
16th July 2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by robbieando
How are we going to get the Grannies out of their Wheel-chairs though??? I doubt if it will have much effect in Geelong considering the Cheer Squad will be by itself in the pocket, but I see why not at the Dome or the G.

The question I have to ask about Geelong is why the hell are the away Cheer Squad not behind the standing end goals. I always find it strange how we do not sit there at the Cattery and are given the worst seats in the ground.

Maybe they don't want too much chanting for the away side at Sleepy Hollow? Might upset the grannies in the Kardinia Park crowd (or Cher for that matter...)

JF

PS:- Look at the amount of grannies who support Geelong. I reckon they have the most grannies out of any club.

Cher
16th July 2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
The question I have to ask about Geelong is why the hell are the away Cheer Squad not behind the standing end goals. I always find it strange how we do not sit there at the Cattery and are given the worst seats in the ground.

Considering where the away Cheer Squad are seated at the SCG I would say this is a pretty stupid statement, they have only been moved down to the fence this year, previoulsy they were in an even worse position!

BAM_BAM
16th July 2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Cher
Considering where the away Cheer Squad are seated at the SCG I would say this is a pretty stupid statement, they have only been moved down to the fence this year, previoulsy they were in an even worse position!

Cher, I agree with you in a way. I do think it's an advantage we have at the SGC over others. But I also get annoyed when I see our cheer squad off to the side. But you can't always have your cake and eat it to. Which I guess sums up my post. Another good is People who live in glass house shouldn't throw stones.

JF_Bay22_SCG
17th July 2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Cher

My reply is two words-SCG Members.

The seats are set seats down the front in the area from Bays 21 through to about 13 I think. Organised squads like Richmond and Hawthorn have managed to get down the front. Others like Fremantle haven't bothered and have stayed up the back.

One more reason to do something about the SCG. But where else do you put them, down the other end near Kenny in the Bradman Concourse?

There simply ain't much option at the SCG I think.

At Geelong I think there is. As the Cats CS used to sit down that end behind those goals.

JF

Speshall
18th July 2004, 11:20 AM
All teams currently in the eight are playing teams outside the eight (except us) [/B][/QUOTE]

and the cats