View Full Version : Thriller at Ern Holmes Oval

chammond
18th July 2004, 10:07 PM
NL's reviews and analysis of round 13 of Sydney footy is at -

http://redandwhiteonline.com/content.php?id=401_0_3_0_C

in_the_outer
19th July 2004, 02:48 PM
Norris,

I saw in the budget that Mooney was listed at #14 for the Demons, but I believe that it was actually Kieran Jack that kicked the winning goal.

Can anyone out there confirm this?

Sensational game though. Very exciting watching it from the outer with a few cold ones under the belt.

Rafters
19th July 2004, 08:49 PM
when was the last time that North Shore "won" the wooden spoon? I wouldn't have thought that Mattie Parker has been around long enough to win one. Even in 1992, after 3 games deduction, they still made the final four (and even made the GF I think)

Norris Lurker
19th July 2004, 09:09 PM
My records have North Shore getting the spoon in 1996 - there were only 7 clubs that year, the first year Campbelltown played in Canberra. I was living in Sydney at the time, but I don't recall going to any games that year.
And in_the_outer, I was going off the Record when I gave the match-winning goal to James Mooney. His name doesn't appear in the list of goalkickers on the Sydney AFL website - makes it a bit tricky when players aren't wearing the correct numbers.

Oscar
20th July 2004, 12:09 PM
It was Kieran Jack who kicked the winning goal for the Demons, in as good a match as you will see anywhere in Sydney.

Suggest you saddle up the TV on Friday nite and watch it unfold at 8.30pm on Fox Footy's SFL Match of the Day.