check out all the news, reviews and analysis of round 14 of Sydney footy

Norris Lurker
26th July 2004, 07:55 PM
The current ladder for the top 4 is:

North Shore - 48 pts, 164.61%
UNSW-ES - 40 pts, 131.10%
St George - 36 pts, 139.47%
Pennant Hills - 36 pts, 109.32%

It's still mathematically possible for East Coast Eagles to qualify, but they'd need to win all their remaining games while Pennant Hills or St George only won 1 game. With a 2 1/2 game break and 4 weeks to go, we can safely assume the top 4 is decided.
With North Shore 3 games plus percentage clear of 3rd place, they look safe for the top 2. But 2nd place is still very much up for grabs - St George and Pennant Hills are only a game behind UNSW-ES, and St George have a better percentage.

The run-home for the top 4 are:
North Shore - Wests (Wagener), UNSW-ES (Village Green), Campbelltown (Alan Davidson), East Coast (Roger Sheeran).
UNSW-ES - Balmain (Drummoyne), North Shore (Village Green), St George (Village Green), Pennant Hills (Village Green).
St George - East Coast (Olds Park), Balmain (Olds Park), UNSW-ES (Village Green), Campbelltown (Monarch).
Pennant Hills - Campbelltown (Ern Holmes), East Coast (Roger Sheeran), Balmain (Ern Holmes), UNSW-ES (Village Green).

UNSW-ES have the toughest draw, having to play all of the other teams in the 4; but have home ground advantage for all of them. The other teams in the 4 only play UNSW-ES but no-one else in the 4, and have a game against Campbelltown to come.

in_the_outer
27th July 2004, 03:06 PM
Looking at the remaining games for each of the current top 4 sides that NL has provided, should the results replicate that of the corresponding game in the previous round then the top 4 would finish like this

NS 56pts
Uni 52pts
PH 52pts
St G 48pts

I highly doubt PH can make up roughly 30% pts so Uni would get the second chance.

Will be interesting to see what unfolds.

me son
30th July 2004, 10:00 AM
agree in the outer tough for the Pennant Hills boys to nab top 2 spot.

although if they beat Campbelltown in a similar scoreline to EastCoast last year they grab an extra 10 in percentage which edges them closer. With games to go against balmain and eastcoast this could increase. makes the unsw-es last round match pretty crucial.

in the penultimate round of the comp st george v unsw-es... big game for both.

shame to see my tigers get rolled by wests. stack the two's i say and bring a flag to tigerland....

ahhhh me son

Umps Friend
30th July 2004, 07:25 PM
The tigers - when i was there they were the huge force... back 2 back premiers.
Spose luffy is not playing then - cos no doubt he'd make a difference.

gossipcom
1st August 2004, 01:28 PM
doh! one point loss to North Shore - that sucks big time *sigh*

Just wondering if anyone out there can tell me how Dugmore is going for the St George Crows this year?

I've been trying to keep up with his progress in the last few years for the Crows but slackened off this year.

I can only hope that St George can hang in there then totally smash Campbelltown in that last match of the season to get another % boost :)

Norris Lurker
1st August 2004, 10:28 PM
Peter Dugmore's second on the goalkicking list this season, behind Pennant Hills' Laine Spencer. He's had a good season for the Crows. He's also a handy grade cricketer for Steve & Mark Waugh's Bankstown club.

As for ladder predictions, today's boilover at Olds Park complicates everyone's calculations further. UNSW-ES now have a game plus percentage break clear in 2nd place, but if (and it's a big if) North Shore can knock them off next week it may just create an opening for Penno for the double-chance.

gossipcom
2nd August 2004, 10:45 AM
Thanks for that - yeah as soon as the footy season's over he puts on his Bankstown cap *gotta love St George players who switch to Bankstown for cricket!*

St George should technically make it - but the fact that they're last 2 matches are away games will make it harder - but they've got the % to boost them up.

If only they had beaten ECE *sigh*