PDA

View Full Version : International Rules

duggie
6th September 2004, 09:04 PM
guys im irish and i want ur thought on the international rules games coming up,especially with Tadhg Kennelly playing against ye! are any of u guys coming over for the games?

Provost
10th September 2004, 01:19 PM
What county are you from?

Dpw
10th September 2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by duggie
guys im irish and i want ur thought on the international rules games coming up,especially with Tadhg Kennelly playing against ye! are any of u guys coming over for the games?

Sorry, to say mate that International Rules is a complete waste of space, I wish all swans players were banned from playing in these games. I fear one of our players doing a knee or something simaliar and finishing them for the following season. I would be happy if it was actually AFL football they were playing but some pathetic hybrid game no thanks.

peterh_oz
12th September 2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Dpw
Sorry, to say mate that International Rules is a complete waste of space, I wish all swans players were banned from playing in these games. I fear one of our players doing a knee or something simaliar and finishing them for the following season. I would be happy if it was actually AFL football they were playing but some pathetic hybrid game no thanks.

Its people like you who killed the State of Origin games. And most of you (probably not you personally though) who want the AFL to return to the VFL and remain a little Aussie sport with NO place on the world stage, which by the way is where world pay-tv lives which is what decides wha sports live or die.

The International Rules matches are WONDERFUL to watch, very exciting, and players who don't want to play simply don't play. But the queue to join is very long!

I just wish our jumpers were more green & gold (we can do it in rugby vs Ireland and ThugAfrica, so why do we wear what we do for the Footy?).