PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the "G"

Old Royboy
16th September 2004, 08:05 PM
I hadn't been to the G since a Fitzroy Collinwood final back in 82, so was really looking forward to last weekend.

Well, my thoughts.

The view from row A section P in the GSS was absolutely awesome.
If I pay $60 for a premium seat I expect a lid over my head, not be be totally drowned.
AT least the MCG mafia allowed people to stand under shelter until the rain stopped.
Behind the seats the GSS is like a maze, nearly got lost looking for the khazi.
Can't Mexicans hold their beer anymore? Why were they only selling light beer? Disgraceful.
I thought that having to get a passout to have a coffin nail would be a drag, but not so bad, access outside was easy. At least the food outside was better than what there is at the SCG and no queues either.

The highlight for me had nothing to do with the G, more with the people. The atmosphere in the Cricketers Arms before the game was great, even made me homesick for a minute or two.

robbieando
16th September 2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Old Royboy
I hadn't been to the G since a Fitzroy Collinwood final back in 82, so was really looking forward to last weekend.

Well, my thoughts.

The view from row A section P in the GSS was absolutely awesome.
If I pay $60 for a premium seat I expect a lid over my head, not be be totally drowned.
AT least the MCG mafia allowed people to stand under shelter until the rain stopped.
Behind the seats the GSS is like a maze, nearly got lost looking for the khazi.
Can't Mexicans hold their beer anymore? Why were they only selling light beer? Disgraceful.
I thought that having to get a passout to have a coffin nail would be a drag, but not so bad, access outside was easy. At least the food outside was better than what there is at the SCG and no queues either.

The highlight for me had nothing to do with the G, more with the people. The atmosphere in the Cricketers Arms before the game was great, even made me homesick for a minute or two.

Biggest error the MCC made when they built the GSS in 1991 was they failed to make the roof big enough to cover everyone. Still a great ground to watch football at and will be even better in 2006 when the new stand is fully up and running.