PDA

View Full Version : This Country Sucks

peterh_oz
16th October 2004, 02:33 AM
Bloody Sydney-centric Media in this country!

I'M PISSED OFF!!!!!

Can you tell???

OK I hope you're sitting down ...

Re: the Test match on Sunday night ...

If you live in Melbourne or Geelong or Adelaide, you will see the game live ... 11pm EST.

HOWEVER ...

If you don't, you will see it at 1.20am (except Perth ... 11pm).

1.20am INLCUDES ALL OF VICTORIA (except Melbourne/Geelong), TASMANIA, SOUTH AUSTRALIA (except Adelaide) AND WESTERN AUSTRALIA.

Even the FOOTY states can't watch the National team Live.

WHAT THE *10# IS GOING ON IN THIS *10#ING COUNTRY?

Thank you WINTV. Thank you Channel 9.

Thank you for *10#ing us around.
Thank you for waiting until Friday to change the schedule so it is too late to complain & reschedule!
THANK YOU FOR CARING JACK *10# ABOUT YOUR VIEWERS.
THANK YOU FOR *HOARDING* PROGRAMS.

Our revenge will be during your RATINGS periods.

ALL NON-FOOTBALL SHOWS TO BE BLACKBANNED ON 9/WIN. STARTING NOW. ALL STATES. SPREAD THE WORD AND DO IT.

Not just a "don't buy petrol for a day" ban, because who really cares, you'll buy it tomorrow! A TOTAL BAN OF ALL 9-NETWORK NON-FOOTBALL SHOWS.

If all true footy fans did this, even if 10% of the population did it, that'd put hem in a nexk & nexk battle with the ABC for 3rd/4th place in the ratings. WATCH PACKER CRINGE THEN.

LETS DO IT!!!!!

Whinging won't help. Hit them in their hip pocket!

BAZooka Woman
16th October 2004, 11:57 AM
I'm with you, brother ...

Can we have a rally too?

:mad:

The Boot
16th October 2004, 12:04 PM
Must admit that I'm a bit baffled why FoxFooty is not showing it live, with the replay early morning as planned - for Sydney that is. Somehow, TEn or NINe get priority and we get zip. Someone wearing a cardigan is crunching the numbers and we come short of qualifying ..
:frown
Hitting them in their hip pocket, would be like a mozzie peeing into the lake, I'm afraid!

Norris Lurker
16th October 2004, 12:07 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mdslegend/NINEEVIL.jpg

Charlie
16th October 2004, 12:44 PM
Anybody here have one of those set-top boxes for the ratins survey?

If not - a boycott isn't even going to register in the figures.

NMWBloods
16th October 2004, 01:33 PM
When did *10# become a swear word - which one is it or is it generic - you seem to use that one all the time!

Can't see the point in boycotting Ch 9 if you are not in the ratings survey.

Ch 9 @@@@@ me but I'm not likely to cut off my nose to spite my face by not watching all the shows I like just so some half-assed football game can be shown live at 11pm!

BonBon
16th October 2004, 02:36 PM
I am safe so that is it for me .

Destructive
16th October 2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by peterh_oz
Bloody Sydney-centric Media in this country!

I'M PISSED OFF!!!!!

Can you tell???

OK I hope you're sitting down ...

Re: the Test match on Sunday night ...

If you live in Melbourne or Geelong or Adelaide, you will see the game live ... 11pm EST.

HOWEVER ...

If you don't, you will see it at 1.20am (except Perth ... 11pm).

1.20am INLCUDES ALL OF VICTORIA (except Melbourne/Geelong), TASMANIA, SOUTH AUSTRALIA (except Adelaide) AND WESTERN AUSTRALIA.

Even the FOOTY states can't watch the National team Live.

WHAT THE *10# IS GOING ON IN THIS *10#ING COUNTRY?

Thank you WINTV. Thank you Channel 9.

Thank you for *10#ing us around.
Thank you for waiting until Friday to change the schedule so it is too late to complain & reschedule!
THANK YOU FOR CARING JACK *10# ABOUT YOUR VIEWERS.
THANK YOU FOR *HOARDING* PROGRAMS.

Our revenge will be during your RATINGS periods.

ALL NON-FOOTBALL SHOWS TO BE BLACKBANNED ON 9/WIN. STARTING NOW. ALL STATES. SPREAD THE WORD AND DO IT.

Not just a "don't buy petrol for a day" ban, because who really cares, you'll buy it tomorrow! A TOTAL BAN OF ALL 9-NETWORK NON-FOOTBALL SHOWS.

If all true footy fans did this, even if 10% of the population did it, that'd put hem in a nexk & nexk battle with the ABC for 3rd/4th place in the ratings. WATCH PACKER CRINGE THEN.

LETS DO IT!!!!!

Whinging won't help. Hit them in their hip pocket!

Except for the non football shows, 9 is now just a copy of 7, with wall to wall lifestyle and reality crap. If it's not lifestyle and reality, it's bloody drama. It's a !@#$%^& yawnfest!

I am a big sci fi fan, paticularly Star Trek. 9 have screwed Sci fi fans around for years now. Channel Ed will pay for their indiscretions and will decline into being a joke like 7 are, mark my words.

CureTheSane
17th October 2004, 01:19 PM
Simply, if a show rates, it will be on at a good time.

For years Survivor was relagated to a later slot, and now it is popular enough, it is on a 7:30.

Look at the Playing It Straight show.
Didn't rate well so it gets bumped to 11:30 or so.

In the end it's all about $$$, ad the advertisers are the ones who's dollars really count.

ScottH
18th October 2004, 10:58 AM
Agree with Charlie and NMW, unless you have a ratings box, it won't hurt them!!