PDA

View Full Version : footy records

langers
10th April 2003, 02:17 PM
i am a private collector of footy records and my collection goes back to round 1 1960.
i collect all home and away games as well as finals, and also night series from 1977-1984.

i would love to hear from others who share this passion as well.

so are there any other collectors on this board?

thanks

motorace_182
10th April 2003, 05:39 PM
Iv kinda just started. Im collecting anything important. eg: Kell and Dunks last game, the pies vs crows prelim and i got maxfield to sign the covershot of him for the first game that he was captain.Plus i got alf to sign the last game he played

robbieando
10th April 2003, 09:12 PM
I have a large collection, but I no longer collect because I only get to 5-6 games a year and since Waverley closed its imposible to get them. My favouite piece is my 1996 Finals collection - every single match including the interstate ones.

I have however started collecting Soccer Programmes. The best one I have so far is the 2000 FA Cup Final which cost me $50. Its not cheap with the postage but its worth it.

jude_boltons_babe
10th April 2003, 10:26 PM
i love the footy records but some i take the articles out and put them in folders

NMWBloods
10th April 2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by langers
i am a private collector of footy records and my collection goes back to round 1 1960.
i collect all home and away games as well as finals, and also night series from 1977-1984.

i would love to hear from others who share this passion as well.

so are there any other collectors on this board?

thanks

Tha'ts impressive. I remember collecting the record from every single Swans game from early 1976-1979. Unfortunately I don't have them now.

JF_Bay22_SCG
11th April 2003, 10:14 PM
Hey mate,
I'm actually going to sell my Footy Record collection, as I no longer have any room in my house for all the mags.

I basically have nearly every home Record since 1992, and several from before then as well. I'm missing a couple of issues from 1999 when I was in Canada for a year. I have a great collection of away Records as well, especially since 1995ish. In addition to that I have Swans Magazines as well as the Daily Terror yearly liftout.

To anyone interested in taking the collection off me, just email/private message me. I'll accept any offer.

JF (contactable on 0438 890 490 or [email protected])

superswans19
11th April 2003, 11:59 PM
I have most dating back to 1995, and the vast majority of inside football mags from about 1996 i think. Sadly, the one FR that i KNOW i am missing is the one from the last match of last year. I have a stack of about 3 big boxes of them in my room that I'm sure my folks are going to try to secretly turf as soon as i move out :p