PDA

View Full Version : Whats with all you Melb Swans fans ?

footyhead
19th February 2005, 06:28 PM
In sydney the Swans get the same number of people to a practice match with as show up to the opening preseason competition in Melbourne. When you consider the ratio of Bulldogs supporters compared to Scum supporters and NSO, it really is quite shameful.
If that is loyalty to the club, i think sydney is better off just being Sydney.
In fact Sydney are just better off being Sydney.

Nico
19th February 2005, 07:03 PM
In Melbourne a lot of people look upon Wiz Cup matches as practice matches and really don't really get on until the season starts. If we had nearly a full strength side we would probably have seen a lot more there.

Last night had 32000 from two of the biggets drawing clubs.

There is only 18000 at Saints and Hawks on a Saturday night so you probably don't need to get too serious about numbers old son.

So out of 10000 at North Sydney there was no Bombers supporters?

footyhead
19th February 2005, 07:08 PM
I've been to NSO a number of times and although there are a few Bumbers becuase they are afiliated with one of the local Sydney sides, mostly it's swans - then again like me a lot of people who live in Sydney started out supporting another team and over time got seduced by the idea of Sydney winning a premiership, so who knows?? weird crowd the Sydney crowd, will probably get really good in about 20 yrs time.
We need a bit of the mongral characters that other teams have got, so the psudo - intellectuals don't take them selves toooooooo seriously.
PS I still think melbournian Swans supporters are a bit more talk than action.

Foreign Legion
19th February 2005, 07:47 PM
Thanks Footyhead - I now see the error of my ways - I've followed the Swans since 1972 - I might give it away now...

WHO ARE YOU?

Originally posted by footyhead
I've been to NSO a number of times and although there are a few Bumbers becuase they are afiliated with one of the local Sydney sides, mostly it's swans - then again like me a lot of people who live in Sydney started out supporting another team and over time got seduced by the idea of Sydney winning a premiership, so who knows?? weird crowd the Sydney crowd, will probably get really good in about 20 yrs time.
We need a bit of the mongral characters that other teams have got, so the psudo - intellectuals don't take them selves toooooooo seriously.
PS I still think melbournian Swans supporters are a bit more talk than action.

dimelb
19th February 2005, 08:00 PM
FH - you remind me of the priest who preached a sermon inveighing against those who didn't attend church. A lone voice piped up from a back pew - "But reverend - we're here!"
I might add we in this household take the Wiz Fiz about as seriously as Paul Roos does, but we were there!

footyhead
19th February 2005, 08:06 PM
Well it certainly does not apply to your household then Di, but don't ya think it a little dissapointing ?

peterh_oz
19th February 2005, 08:18 PM
1:
4.5 million in Sydney. Of which about 750,000 follow the Swans in some way.
4.0 million in Melbourne. Of which about 300,000 follow the Swans in some way.

2:
You're an idiot who seems to be looking to start civil war across the Barassi Line. Grow up. Get over it.

3:
Where's my "block footyhead" button? hmmm ... searching ...

4:
If you're that bored, go to New Zealand and tell them our Rugby crowds are bigger. Or tell the Maoris that our Aboriginals are blacker. Or get a job with Sony and tell the world that Beta is better than VHS. OR go work for Today Tonight and do negative stories about Big Brother, Eddie, Sam and anything that isn't on 7. Oops - you're too late, they've got someone doing that already. Maybe Bill O'Reilly will hire you!

Nico
19th February 2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by peterh_oz
1:
4.5 million in Sydney. Of which about 750,000 follow the Swans in some way.
4.0 million in Melbourne. Of which about 300,000 follow the Swans in some way.

2:
You're an idiot who seems to be looking to start civil war across the Barassi Line. Grow up. Get over it.

3:
Where's my "block footyhead" button? hmmm ... searching ...

4:
If you're that bored, go to New Zealand and tell them our Rugby crowds are bigger. Or tell the Maoris that our Aboriginals are blacker. Or get a job with Sony and tell the world that Beta is better than VHS. OR go work for Today Tonight and do negative stories about Big Brother, Eddie, Sam and anything that isn't on 7. Oops - you're too late, they've got someone doing that already. Maybe Bill O'Reilly will hire you!

And another stupid post.

swansrock4eva
19th February 2005, 09:37 PM
Guys, play ball, NOT man.