PDA

View Full Version : James MacSmith - Worst Sydney ambassador ever?

TheHood
7th March 2005, 02:19 PM
Does this guy just dumb it down for the mildly interested passing reader of The Sun Herald or is he punching above his fly weight?

Reading Swans articles (I use that term loosely) crafted by Jimbo in 2004 was just pain wrapped in salt covered in petrol. I am not sure if he watched games or just sits there sms-ing his friends.

Then there is that little gossip corner which is puke territory with uninformed, uninteresting bits on what Baz had for brekky through the week.

Finally, did anyone get that brilliant "Footy" lift-out from the paper yesterday? Comical; firstly in his analysis of the Crows, part way through he starts referring to them as the Eagles (mmm another sms from close pal), secondly the analysis of the Bulldogs revealled that Peter Rhode was coach in 2005! (I reckon he does not know of Rocket).

Those were the factual errors, well the analysis was rubbish too with the Dees likely to eclipse the Eagles and the Pies and Carlton way too far down, Dons too high etc.

Anyway, the point is, this guy does more harm to the reputation of Sydney football than anyone in Sydney.

Any locals agree?

Matt79
7th March 2005, 06:14 PM
Agree!

Tim Morrisey the "AFL" writer in the Daily Telegraph is of course the ex basketballer from the NBL! Unbelievable!!