PDA

View Full Version : Ch 9 bastards

motorace_182
17th April 2003, 07:41 PM
Why is the Grand Final Replay being shown at MIDNIGHT. If they are going to put crap like a fat redhead and a bald has been on at 9:30 instead of what could/will be the game of the year. If they arent showing it live or close to, move aside and let the footy public view it on Fox Footy

bloodhound
17th April 2003, 11:47 PM
All of this is the responsability of the AFL. They went the money and not the development. And we are all paying for it.

Destructive
18th April 2003, 10:21 PM
Surely the game could have at least been shown straight after the Footy Show, not midnight, that is ridiculous. That was a bit like Channel 10 showing the Formula 1 Grand Prix's at 2am. It just stinks.

motorace_182
18th April 2003, 10:38 PM
Can you blame the AFL. Its not really a money thing. Isnt there a law preventing foxtel to get preference of the World Cup etc. Its not a money thing just tight assed upper class nine pricks. If my assumptions are correct. Either way, if you arent showing a game of that calliber live or at a reasonable time slot, bugger off and let someone else eg. Fox

Charlie
18th April 2003, 11:14 PM
It should be quite simple. If the primary broadcaster (9 or 10) is not showing the game, Foxtel should. It's not rocket science, AFL. Money grubbing tools who went for the big dollar.

I think it's time that we humble fans take back our sport. Who's with me? We'll storm the citadel!

bloodhound
19th April 2003, 01:25 AM
I'm with you on this point charlie.

CureTheSane
19th April 2003, 12:35 PM
Begs the question...

Will the come a time when the Grand Final will be a Foxtel game with the free to air coverage delayed by an hour?

You just never know.....

Swansinger
26th April 2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by CureTheSane
Begs the question...

Will the come a time when the Grand Final will be a Foxtel game with the free to air coverage delayed by an hour?

You just never know.....

I belive - but am happy to stand corrected if wrong - that federal legislation ensures that AFL and RL GF's must be shown live on free to air.

bricon
26th April 2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Swansinger
I belive - but am happy to stand corrected if wrong - that federal legislation ensures that AFL and RL GF's must be shown live on free to air.

The current "anti-siphoning" legislation provides that 37(I think?) proscribed sports/sporting events (including the AFL and NRL grand finals) are offered to FTA TV stations before they can be offered to pay-TV. If the FTA stations do not wish to show any of the proscribed events, pay-TV may show them; this commonly occurs with test cricket (which is on the list)for example.

The current anti-siphoning legislation expires in 2005 and the pay-TV operators (particularly Lachlan Murdoch) are applying enormous pressure on the government to relax or drop the provisions altogether.