PDA

View Full Version : strange decision

redunderthebed
3rd April 2005, 11:29 AM
Mathews was manning up on Grant for most of the first three terms and Grant hardly made an impact and so WHY DID ROOS MOVE BEN?Bolton,craig seemed to have switched onto Grant but couldn't really play tight enough (although, for mine,C.Bolton was the pick of our players)
Just another mystery in the naked city...

stellation
3rd April 2005, 01:49 PM
I think it was because Grant moved a bit deeper into the forward line.

Nico
3rd April 2005, 01:54 PM
Mathews got lucky. Grant led him a merry dance the whole time but didn't finish that well. Also early got a lot of his stats up the ground. Benny boy was miles behind him most of the time. Didn't matter who was on him in the last Q as the footy was coming in so often it was only a matter of time before someone broke it open. Top player is Grant.

stellation
3rd April 2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Nico
Top player is Grant.

Certainly is. The question though is how does a player Grant's size get to take chest marks in a congested forward 50? Forget the guy who is on him (though you'd try to play in front after the first one!)- what on earth were all those other Swans players doing? I appreciate man-on-man defence, but there is still the concept of help defence as well.

swansrule100
3rd April 2005, 08:52 PM
i agree, he seemed to have a lot of room to lead in to, especially for a little fella