PDA

View Full Version : Another Nick Davis Article

Rizzo
22nd January 2003, 04:50 PM
Not much new here other than he's a Shire boy which is where I grew up. I'm now amazed that the Pies got him at all as very few Shire dwellers escape...

http://sydneyswans.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=71476

jude_boltons_babe
22nd January 2003, 05:31 PM
i cant wait till he plays for the swans

vagary
22nd January 2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Rizzo
Not much new here other than he's a Shire boy which is where I grew up. I'm now amazed that the Pies got him at all as very few Shire dwellers escape...

http://sydneyswans.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=71476

suprised he wasn't asked to show his passport. (i really hate that joke)

robbieando
22nd January 2003, 08:07 PM
Can someone who lives in Sydney please tell me what the "Shire" is and why it is such a joke?????

On Davis, give him time. He won't be the answer to our problems nor should he be. Remember he is still injured and will have a short pre season.

Bron
22nd January 2003, 08:23 PM
Sutherland Shire - southern suburbs of Sydney. I don't really know why it's a joke. But people apparently live their lives there without moving out of it. But you could say that for most parts of Sydney. I guess it's a classification ... westies, eastern suburbs, north shore, the shire.

Cheer Cheer
22nd January 2003, 08:33 PM
Nick Davis was a teamate of mine in one of the junior u14 sydney swans development squads and that is no joke

chammond
22nd January 2003, 09:13 PM
Sutherland Shire - southern suburbs of Sydney. I don't really know why it's a joke.

The people who live there . . . not short, stocky with big feet by any chance?

Rod_
22nd January 2003, 09:29 PM
I have to get my posts up - Classed as a junior member. Heck I have been with the Swans through thick and thin..... (Old @#$$%$^ that I am)

Do you think Davis is a vice captain material? We have known that he wanted to return for a few years and I do like that Roos thinks that he could be around for 10 more.....

The young captain to follow Kell shoes.... ?

Rod_

robbieando
22nd January 2003, 09:35 PM
Too early to say weather or not Davis is VC material. With what has been said about him by Collingwood people it will take time to find out if he is or not.

shearer
23rd January 2003, 11:50 AM
Sutherland Shire isnt a joke.

Its basically a place where locals are very proud of there area and dont treat invaders from other suburbs to well.

Shire people dont like to leave the place to much basically because they dont have to.There is beautiful beaches, national parks, golf courses & a good place for young people to grow up.

NMWBloods
23rd January 2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by shearer

Its basically a place where locals are very proud of there area and dont treat invaders from other suburbs to well.

Shire people dont like to leave the place to much basically because they dont have to.There is beautiful beaches, national parks, golf courses & a good place for young people to grow up.

Sounds amazingly familiar... many fireworks displays...? How many breakfasts do they have...? And do they know half of them as well as they should like and like less than half of them half as well as they deserve...? :)

desredandwhite
23rd January 2003, 12:13 PM
If you ask me, it's asking for a good scouring :D

but now I'm getting off the topic.

TheMase
23rd January 2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Sounds amazingly familiar... many fireworks displays...? How many breakfasts do they have...? And do they know half of them as well as they should like and like less than half of them half as well as they deserve...? :)

:D :D

Rizzo
23rd January 2003, 02:12 PM
For those that don't know the area -

http://www.ourshire.com.au/suburbs/default.htm

Nothing wrong with the Sutho Shire. Most of my friends still live there. This story sums up much of the culture -

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/07/16/1026802691927.html

j s
23rd January 2003, 02:16 PM

But not as good as the Northern Beaches :p

vagary
24th January 2003, 08:55 AM

when i said i write hate that joke i meant the one when you tell people your from the sutherland shire and they say "did you remember your passport?" i didn't mean the sutherland shire is a joke.

Ajn
25th January 2003, 11:59 AM
He will be under a lot of pressure to perform, hope he copes with it.