PDA

View Full Version : Goodes at HB

Vivien
8th April 2005, 12:55 PM
What does everyone think of Goodes as a defender? Personally I think he is wasted. I understand that Roos is trying to bolster the back line with some height, but I don't think Goodes is the option. He doesn't seem to have the necessary patience and is always leaving his man.

I'd like to see Goodes back at CHF, although he'd probably have to improve his goalkicking skills if this were to happen. Failing that, get him back into the ruck (I know Roosey's said Goodes probably won't be playing in the ruck again, but I think he needs to get over it - you can't wrap him in cotton wool forever.)

Be interested to think what others think. I am certainly not the expert. Who knows, Goodesy could end up a great defender!

NMWBloods
8th April 2005, 01:10 PM
I don't think he's a CHB's bootlace (or CHF for that matter).

I'd like to see him played at ruck rover, or alternatively at HBF.

Ajn
8th April 2005, 02:04 PM
I will always stand by ruck as his spot, with resting as a spare HBF to block up their forwards (ala J.Cloke)

chammond
8th April 2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Vivien
What does everyone think of Goodes as a defender? Personally I think he is wasted. I understand that Roos is trying to bolster the back line with some height, but I don't think Goodes is the option. He doesn't seem to have the necessary patience and is always leaving his man.

I'd like to see Goodes back at CHF, although he'd probably have to improve his goalkicking skills if this were to happen. Failing that, get him back into the ruck (I know Roosey's said Goodes probably won't be playing in the ruck again, but I think he needs to get over it - you can't wrap him in cotton wool forever.)

Be interested to think what others think. I am certainly not the expert. Who knows, Goodesy could end up a great defender!

I think Goodes would be good wherever he played, but he has the potential to be a match-winner in the right role, whatever that is?

He's gradually learning the defensive game okay . . . and he is a classy forward who seems to be hobbled by a lack of confidence kicking for goal. But there's no doubt that his biggest value is when he's in the play as much as possible, and Roos' biggest challenge is to get Goodes involved for the full four quarters every game.

As far as the Lions game is concerned, I wouldn't be surprised to see him play at FF for much of it, if for no other reason than to stop Michael and Leppisch tag-teaming on Hall.

Nico
8th April 2005, 08:32 PM
Ho Hum

swansrule100
8th April 2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
I don't think he's a CHB's bootlace (or CHF for that matter).

I'd like to see him played at ruck rover, or alternatively at HBF.

agreed he is such an excpetional athletic talent he is wasted in the backline anyway. But he doesnt like playing accountable footy and this cant play defence!