PDA

View Full Version : Swan's Look To the Future...

Rizzo
19th April 2005, 07:54 PM
Late evening SMH article (http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Swans-looking-to-future-in-Demons-clashs/2005/04/19/1113854195012.html)

Nico
19th April 2005, 08:19 PM
I don't believe it. Mcveigh trailled off in form. Bulldust. More like not given opportunity.

The 5 he named are not new. If Schneider and Bevan are the future then heaven help us.

What about some new names!!!!

(collapses on the floor in disbelief)

footyhead
19th April 2005, 08:32 PM
Hahahahaha. Roosy is becoming a bit of a joke eh?

robbieando
19th April 2005, 08:39 PM
"Even with Schauble and James in, we choose Leo to take the mismatch role because of his history against those key position players.

"He has been our best defender and one of the best defenders in AFL for three or four years."

Well I guess that means we'll be seeing Kennelly playing out of a back pocket again this week:rolleyes:

Really why bother with the 2003 gameplan ever again, its not like it was successful or anything:rolleyes:

anne
19th April 2005, 08:47 PM
Roos hasn't got the guts to try anything or anyone new!

DST
19th April 2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Nico
I don't believe it. Mcveigh trailled off in form. Bulldust. More like not given opportunity.

The 5 he named are not new. If Schneider and Bevan are the future then heaven help us.

What about some new names!!!!

(collapses on the floor in disbelief)

Nico how do you know what goes on inside the club?

McVeigh didn't get much of a look in for the first couple of games but who's to say Roos was not happy with some aspects of his game that meant he removed him from the field for extended lenghts of time and then to drop him back to the reserves?

I too would like to see McVeigh spend further time on the ground but the facts are no one on this board (besides TroyG) knows the internal workings of the club regarding selection decisions.

As for outside of the others, which new names would you like to see?

The three obvious choices are Schmidt, Moore & Willoughby but all of those at this stage do not look ready to play AFL or if they do are going to spend no time in the midfield at this stage.

Willoughby from all reports is struggling with an injury to his lower leg.

Schmidt while playing still does not have the required fitness to run through the midfield

Moore (while looking promising skill wise) is nowhere near fit enough to be used as anything more than a bench top-up player at present.

We all lament the fact that we leave too much work to too few, but if Roos was to make whole sale changes and play kids for the sake of looking to the future all you are going to get is an overworked midfield more so than they are now.

Another issue is the continual injury to Sunquist as well. Along with Fixter, these two would have been players Roos would have been expecting to bolster the midfield at some stage this year.

DST
:D

Schneiderman
19th April 2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by DST
We all lament the fact that we leave too much work to too few, but if Roos was to make whole sale changes and play kids for the sake of looking to the future all you are going to get is an overworked midfield more so than they are now.

Spot on. And if we got flogged all hell would break loose among the same fans.

Truth is that these names are the same ones we keep seeing, but thats because its all we have.

All thats left is to put our support behind them and cross our fingers that they get it right enough to win a few games.

barry
20th April 2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by robbieando
"Even with Schauble and James in, we choose Leo to take the mismatch role because of his history against those key position players.

"He has been our best defender and one of the best defenders in AFL for three or four years."

I though Roos said we had no stars in our team. :rolleyes:

Go Swannies
20th April 2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by barry
I though Roos said we had no stars in our team. :rolleyes:

Defensive stars like Leo, Crouch and Kirk don't count. I think most regard them as black holes rather than shining stars. I know I'll be feeling that way about Scarlett in a few weeks.