PDA

View Full Version : The Adelaide defence...... + a debutant??

floppinab
2nd May 2005, 08:19 PM
is to blame it on the Victorians.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Demetriou-is-Melbournecentric-Roos/2005/05/02/1114886305855.html

Those pesky Melbournites just don't understand!!!!!

"Ruckman Jason Ball and a first-gamer, whom Roos declined to name, were possible inclusions for Saturday night's game against 13th-placed Essendon at Telstra Stadium."

So who will it be???? I'd love to see Moore get a go.

Bleed Red Blood
2nd May 2005, 08:30 PM
Why Moore ahead of Malkeski? Obviously I haven't seen any reserves matches, but we can't hold the Kesk back any longer. At 21, without a match to his name we need to see what he is up to before the end of the year.

ugg
2nd May 2005, 08:43 PM
My money is on Moore, he's been in the reserves best lists for the past few weeks and coming off 31 touches, could add something in midfield.

liz
2nd May 2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by ugg
My money is on Moore, he's been in the reserves best lists for the past few weeks and coming off 31 touches, could add something in midfield.

Or in a forward pocket. He's pretty clever around the goals and we desperately need someone at Hall's feet.

I'd love to see a couple come in this week - Moore would be great and then one of Malceski, Schmidt or even Willoughby.

ugg
2nd May 2005, 09:00 PM
In one of the 'Ask Roosy' editions, he did mention that like most young midfielders Moore would probably have to start as a small forward. He's also deceptively quick, IIRC he finished top 10 in the 20m sprint in the draft camp.

Also note: Vogels got the 3 votes and Willoughby the 1 vote in the reserves match.

NMWBloods
2nd May 2005, 09:04 PM
I know he had his knee injury, but are we ever going to try Malceski? If not why not just cut him loose so he can play (and probably star) for another side.

jenky28
2nd May 2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by floppinab
is to blame it on the Victorians.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Demetriou-is-Melbournecentric-Roos/2005/05/02/1114886305855.html

Those pesky Melbournites just don't understand!!!!!

"Ruckman Jason Ball and a first-gamer, whom Roos declined to name, were possible inclusions for Saturday night's game against 13th-placed Essendon at Telstra Stadium."

So who will it be???? I'd love to see Moore get a go.

If ball and at least one other come in the who are the likely omissions?

I would think McVeigh and some1 else im unsure!!

hammo
2nd May 2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by jenky28
If ball and at least one other come in the who are the likely omissions?

I would think McVeigh and some1 else im unsure!!

I would have thought Bevan, Crouch, Nicks, Schneider and Buchanan deserve to face the chop before McVeigh.

ugg
2nd May 2005, 09:18 PM
I'm not sure if Maxfield is fully fit, he did spend quite a bit of time in the forward pocket.

swans_premiers
2nd May 2005, 10:43 PM
Moore is the next Paul Kelly :D:D

And why is this thread called the adelaide defence??

floppinab
3rd May 2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by swans_premiers

And why is this thread called the adelaide defence??

As a former Adelaidian it is a well known trait to refer to Melbournites as the evil enemy and source of all things bad in the world (as Roos referred to the Melbourne football community in his presser)

I'm over it myself of course :D

OldE
3rd May 2005, 01:33 PM
The coach of the AFL's 12th-placed team joked that plenty of people reckon they know what's wrong with the Swans. But no-one seems to be e-mailing him with any possible solutions.

That's because we don't have your email address, Paul. I'm sure a couple of RWOers would be only too happy to give some suggestions.

ScottH
3rd May 2005, 01:50 PM
[email protected]

Go for it!!!

adnar
3rd May 2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
[email protected]

Go for it!!!

Hahaha Yes.

ROK Lobster
4th May 2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by swans_premiers
Moore is the next Paul Kelly
That needs to stop right now. Just as there was only 1 David Gower, there is only 1 Paul Kelly. Moore is the next Moore, no more, no less. Lets not give him another's boots (or number) to fill.

robbieando
4th May 2005, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Lets not give him another's boots (or number) to fill.

On the number thing, that has been some sort of jinx, because once RWO comes up with a popular pick to take over the number 14 jumper that player has gone on to have a poor season and never quiet be the same again.

Case in point

2003 Suggestion was Ben Fixter
2004 Suggestion was Adam Schneider
2005 Suggestion was Paul Bevan

You lot have got to stop lobbying for the number 14 jumper to make a return - your jinxing the poor player suggested.

Sanecow
4th May 2005, 01:23 AM
Give it to Aker.

ugg
4th May 2005, 01:37 AM
http://smh.com.au/news/AFL/Goodes-news-bad-news-for-vertically-challenged-Swans/2005/05/03/1115092500921.html

Roos also confirmed Sydney's first selection in the 2004 national draft, 19-year-old Jarred Moore, would make his senior debut this weekend.

Hallelujah!

BonBon
4th May 2005, 01:39 AM
About time.

liz
4th May 2005, 01:59 AM
"I came away with the fact that whilst we have probably tried to protect him and play him elsewhere, I think he plays his best football as a ruckman," Roos said.

Hallelujah again!

ROK Lobster
4th May 2005, 02:01 AM
Roos reads RWO.

ugg
4th May 2005, 02:24 AM
Hi Roosy! Say hello to Bally, Goodesy, Hally, Stewy and Micky for me.

On the subject of Goodes, IIRC one of the reasons he wasn't played in the ruck during the early rounds of 2004 was that he seemed to run out of gas in the prelim final 2003 due to his heavy workload. Hope we manage a fine balance between playing him, Ball and Jolly. Not that we have much choice this week.

ScottH
4th May 2005, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by liz
Hallelujah again! Not having read the article first I thought you were meaning Moore in the Ruck :confused: if you just read the posts, and I thought Liz has lost her marbles or Moore has suddenly grown.

Then I read the article and realised it was refering to Goodes. :D

Thunder Shaker
4th May 2005, 12:41 PM
It's probably just me, but whenever I hear that there's going to be a debutant for the Swans, I imagine the player running out in a frilly white dress.

Sounds like Moore's getting the nod. Good on him. I hope we see more first-gamers this year - Malceski especially.

anne
4th May 2005, 01:15 PM
Moore is getting a game ahead of some of the others because he is solid and should not get pushed aside as easily as many of our smaller players. he may even be able to make a tackle stick.

Jeffers1984
4th May 2005, 01:34 PM
Congrats to Moorey for making his debut this week.

Malceski must be livid though. He'll get his chance no doubt in this club (or another).