PDA

View Full Version : 'The Fifth Quater' on sydney TV

Provost
8th May 2005, 12:01 AM
This is a quote of the TEN website
, TEN is the principal AFL broadcaster, holding the free-to-air rights to Saturday AFL and the exclusive free-to-air rights for the entire finals series, including the Grand Final.

My question if they paid the bucks to get the rights for AFL, why can't they show it the respect it deserves.

I would like to watch The Fifth Quarter right after the game and not some crappy movie or as in tonight's case the V8 Super cars. (They deserve enough respect to have a prime time slot of there own!!!)

TEN also makes it easy for you to give feedback on their programming schedule, all done in writing then posted/faxed (no email or phone message recording).

[/steps down from soapbox] what do you guys in Sydney think???? :confused:

ugg
8th May 2005, 01:05 AM
Sad as it may seem, the reason they show TFQ at a late hour is because some old, oft-replayed movie will easily outrate it. Until this changes, I don't think we'll be seeing it much earlier.

GoSouth33
8th May 2005, 10:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Provost
[B]This is a quote of the TEN website

I would like to watch The Fifth Quarter right after the game and not some crappy movie or as in tonight's case the V8 Super cars....

I was just in the mood to watch TFQ last night with a beer in hand and nicely buoyant after a night at Stadium Oz but what's this.......12.30 to 1.00...hmmm a bit late. Oh, nevermind, I'll set the VCR and watch it first thing in the morning. Wrong. Programming stuffed up as usual, all I managed to tape was some stupid rubbish called Blue Streak. Is it really asking too much for the stations to stick with their advertised programming schedules. This is now the second time in as many months that I've been caught out by the stations last minute late night changes.....it's bloody infuriating.....