PDA

View Full Version : Was Demetriou ..... ??

Swansinger
8th May 2005, 12:18 AM
coaching us tonight ?

Nico
8th May 2005, 12:23 AM
More to the point was he wearing a tie tonight and did he look like a slob as usual.

bloodboy
8th May 2005, 03:35 AM
I think there was a definite influence on our game tonight by one Mr. A Demetriou...but maybe what he said was the wake up call that Roosy and the boys needed. I am not condoning what he said at all as he still shouldn't have singled us out but maybe it has worked out for the best. We have to realise that we have some players on the park who can actually play 'traditional' footy and even though I do realise it was a pretty poor Essendon team who we beat, I was still happy with a lot of the signs that came out of tonights game. I mean with all of the crap the boys have been through in the past week it was good to eek out a win and it would have been by more if not for some inaccurate kicking and poor delivery in to the forward line.

JF_Bay22_SCG
8th May 2005, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by bloodboy
I think there was a definite influence on our game tonight by one Mr. A Demetriou...but maybe what he said was the wake up call that Roosy and the boys needed. I am not condoning what he said at all as he still shouldn't have singled us out but maybe it has worked out for the best. We have to realise that we have some players on the park who can actually play 'traditional' footy and even though I do realise it was a pretty poor Essendon team who we beat, I was still happy with a lot of the signs that came out of tonights game. I mean with all of the crap the boys have been through in the past week it was good to eek out a win and it would have been by more if not for some inaccurate kicking and poor delivery in to the forward line.

I agree with you. even when we were losing, I was still happy with the spectacle I was watching. The footy was open. The handpassing, Tadgh aside was pretty much on the mark. The players were running in numbers for once. And more importantly looked as if they actually wanted the footy in the first place, rather than thinking about the mistake they were about to make. Kirk and Crouch were my best, but I think Vogels Hall and even God's Gift to Football Jason Saddington :cool: did make a difference, even if their skills were not always top notch. (Saddington's out of bounds on the full in the 1st quarter had Beaussie turned around and started laughing looking at me, his CULT STATUS in my eyes was definitely warrented! :cool: )

i'm in a really good mood. Tonight was mega fun. The swans won, the evil Dons lost, it was a great open match. And Demetriou did us the biggest favour possible. Thanks mate! ;)

Watch us topple a suspect Port side next Sunday! I'm quietly confident we will do something against them. They play the SCG terribly. And looking at their 2005 form, I don't think they are the side they have been in past seasons.

GO SWANS!

JF

Go Swannies
8th May 2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
GO SWANS!

JF

You rang?

Somehow I suspect that the Swans' performance was against AD not because he told us how to play. If they weren't fired up after the events of the past week, we were doomed.

Now if we skip fitness training and go straight to extra kicking training, it could be useful. And remind them all that the sticks in the middle are to kick between - not at.

Winning a game against the Bombers with behinds is just showing off but it won't work next week if Port have remembered how to play.

dann
8th May 2005, 10:52 PM
Yeah it was definately a better performance. A lot more risks being taken off halfback which is more like the 2003 side. Delivery into our forward 50 was still all over the place but I agree with Jeff - it was a fun game to watch. I was incensed at a news ltd article starting off saying that it was an ugly game. The game on Friday night was a more ugly spectacle. The game last night ebbed and flowed - lots of mistakes, but lots of great passages of play and great goals.