PDA

View Full Version : C10 Commentary

treespirit
25th April 2003, 11:48 PM
I thought Quartermain, Hudson and Walls were pretty good tonight. We often criticise, so give credit where it's due, I reckon.

Still, if not for the delayed broadcast I would have listened to the ABC.

Jimmy C
25th April 2003, 11:55 PM
Quite good tonight. I thought Wallsy losing his voice was a great touch also. I'm glad it wasn't this commentary team when we played the Hawks (I'd be up for a new telly ;) ).

treespirit
26th April 2003, 12:02 AM
I would have been had I not been there :mad:

CureTheSane
27th April 2003, 11:55 AM
I have always been a Walls comentary fan :)

NMWBloods
27th April 2003, 01:51 PM
Commentary was excellent I thought. Pretty even-handed and lots of excitement, as well as some insightful comments.

Mike_B
27th April 2003, 04:27 PM
It just shows the difference when it is a Ch 10 commentary team compared to a Fox Footy team. Ch 10 commentators wipe the floor with the Fox guys.

NMWBloods
27th April 2003, 05:03 PM
I like the Ch 9 comentators too. However, just watching the Lions v. 'Dogs game before and heard what I really hate - qn to 'Dogs assistant coach - (something like) "What are you going to do about the Akermanises, the Vosses, the Lappins, the Blacks..." There is only one Akermanis, one Voss, one Lappin, one Black, etc. If you are going to pluralise the names to produce the generalisations then don't go on and mention half a dozen names. If you want to mention half a dozen names, then say the names in their proper singular format!! Grrr :mad:

motorace_182
27th April 2003, 06:31 PM
A lot better than the crap coming out of Russell Greenes mouth last week. Wallsy has always been a good comentator, he give fair and just views.

TheHood
29th April 2003, 02:53 PM
Yeah, some of the commentary this year has been rotten and we can start with the Fox people:

Gybas: Should never ever call games, I just hate his style so much.

Kennedy: How many bloody "wonderful players" are out there?

Greene: Shouldn't open his gob.

Huddo: He's ok but he grew up in the Bruce school of commentary.

Wallsy: I can't help but like him, he's a closet Swans supporter, I'm sure of it and you have to like him for that.

Did anyone watch the SA Derby? Macca has such a ordinary dinky die rough as guts Aussie accent, he could have been calling the Rugby League, but the one guy I was really impressed with was Craig Bradley. Braddles has a terrific voice and I hope they use him more often.

RogueSwan
2nd May 2003, 03:42 PM
Still, if not for the delayed broadcast I would have listened to the ABC.

Whenever I put the ABC on Sat nite I get the Super 12's (on 702 sydney). Where should I go for the real footy?

Mike_B
2nd May 2003, 07:10 PM
Try 630AM - they have the footy on a Saturday night.

Swansinger
4th May 2003, 02:45 AM
Commentary was fine and the power failure was out of their hands.
Some of the camera work a bit disappointing.

Mike_B
4th May 2003, 03:13 AM
The camera work was probably fine, more likely it was the producer in the broadcast van who was to blame.

Swansinger
4th May 2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Mike_B
The camera work was probably fine, more likely it was the producer in the broadcast van who was to blame.

Yeah , fair point.

desredandwhite
4th May 2003, 01:10 PM
Felt to me like every single close-up cameraman was struggling with focus all night. It was as if all the cameras had one or two drinks too many ;)

NMWBloods
4th May 2003, 03:01 PM
Commentary was excellent - Quarters, Tim Lane and Robert Walls are some of the best in the business.

peterh_oz
4th May 2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Commentary was excellent - Quarters, Tim Lane and Robert Walls are some of the best in the business.

THE best! They **** on Ch9. Dermie has a wonderful footy brain, geat for analysing, but pisses me off during games. Maybe he needs a half-time & post-match segment instead?