PDA

View Full Version : RWO Footy Match

TheMase
23rd January 2003, 12:08 AM
REDANDWHITEONLINE FOOTY MATCH
(in conjunction with Bigfooty).

TIME: 5:00pm
DATE: 22nd March 2003 (Prior to the start of the Trivia Night).
WHERE: Bus Stop Oval, outside the SCG.

At the moment I need names of people that are going, so I am able to put you all into teams.

One team will be the KELLY ALL-ROUNDERS
The other team will be the LACK OF SKILTONS

I will form the teams, once I get names to put into the teams. Players will be made up of posters from RedandWhiteOnline and some Sydney based Posters on Bigfooty.

The game will consist of 2 20 minute halves, with a 15 minute half time interval.

Prior to and before the match kick to kick will be in process as usual. It is a fun game so guys and girls are welcome and encouraged to participate.
(I may be a little bit competitive though, I will try not to hog the footy)

Any questions ask on this thread, or PM me.

When the time comes near (mid march), I will post the two sides.

swansrock4eva
23rd January 2003, 12:38 AM
Mase, count me in on the Kelly team, altho i dunno if i can manage the whole match with my ankle and all!

desredandwhite
23rd January 2003, 12:41 AM
pencil me in for Centre-Half Bench on the Lack of Skiltons side, Masey.

I will stun all with my ninja-like skills.

Beware the Spinning, Mostly Vertical Mongrel Punt of Death!!

desredandwhite
23rd January 2003, 12:54 AM
just thought I'd give this topic its own thread :)

TheMase
23rd January 2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by desredandwhite
just thought I'd give this topic its own thread :)

Diego/Frosties_Flake from Bigfooty will join the Lack Of Skiltons side.

Mike_B
23rd January 2003, 09:34 PM
Count me in for a bit of a kick (if we don't make our cricket Grand Final - day 1 will be the 22nd). Hopefully you all won't mind if I end up at trivia all sweaty though....well....either that or I'll just be really lazy during the game :D

Destructive
23rd January 2003, 10:01 PM
I'll be there, and I'll leave it up to whoever makes up the teams to slot me in somewhere.

j s
23rd January 2003, 10:20 PM
pencil me in for Centre-Half Bench on the Lack of Skiltons side, Masey.

I will stun all with my ninja-like skills.

Beware the Spinning, Mostly Vertical Mongrel Punt of Death!!
You could umpire Des! Practise your Adolph skills.

desredandwhite
24th January 2003, 12:37 PM
Don't think so!! The umpies do more running than anyone else! :D

BTW Mase - did you want to take people's skill/experience levels into account? While a strong team vs a weak team might be fun for some... ;-)

TheMase
24th January 2003, 12:40 PM

BTW Mase - did you want to take people's skill/experience levels into account? While a strong team vs a weak team might be fun for some... ;-)

I guess I could take that into account. But I will need people to tell me how good they are (and dont be modest about it).

If at half time my team is winning by 120 points, I will switch sides :D
;)

desredandwhite
24th January 2003, 12:44 PM
ok, to sign up, how about getting people to nominate their skill levels?

1 - no footy experience whatsoever, little to no fitness (kick-to-kick experience assumed)
2 - ok skills, fitness, but little to no competitive footy experience
3 - have played competive footy
4 - have played competitive footy recently at a decent level

or something?

Sydneyfan
24th January 2003, 01:21 PM
I just posted back on BigFooty, I'll go on the Lack of Skilton's side, I suggested half-back flanker but it doesn't bother where I play. I'm probably about 1.5 to 2 on the skills and fitness scale. Decent handpass and (sometimes) reasonable kick, provided it's all on my right side though!

TheMase
24th January 2003, 02:27 PM
ok, to sign up, how about getting people to nominate their skill levels?

1 - no footy experience whatsoever, little to no fitness (kick-to-kick experience assumed)
2 - ok skills, fitness, but little to no competitive footy experience
3 - have played competive footy
4 - have played competitive footy recently at a decent level

or something?

Who's running this game :D ;)

Kidding mate, yep that sounds good

j s
24th January 2003, 02:35 PM

They also have BOTH teams trying to kill them instead of just one.

TheHood
24th January 2003, 05:45 PM
Happy to try and have a kick.

Lets see, if I subtract the modesty, then I have a mark similar to Nick Riewoldt, a kick as good as M Voss and a determination to get the ball from the pack better than Paul Kelly, mmm - u best put me in the Lack of Skiltons.

Ajn
25th January 2003, 11:54 AM
anytime you plan on coming to Melbourne we could organise a interstate battle! (between Swans fans)

thommo
25th January 2003, 02:43 PM
daim! this sounds like so much fun!!!
ill prob have to wait till next yr this time rounds when i am able to drive..... cause thats the only way i can do it :(

maybe ill rejoin the U/18's (east coast eagles) to get some practice in for the game next yr.

Diego
26th January 2003, 01:25 PM
Yes I will be playing at Full Forward for the lack of skiltons.

I am a horrible kick and a decent mark and as big as plugger.

So fullbacks be warned! :P

Des you can come on every 2 mins and replace me. ;)

jude_boltons_babe
26th January 2003, 04:42 PM
i would come and play but ive hurt my leg other wise i would of come

CureTheSane
26th January 2003, 04:50 PM
I wish I could play, but first I'd need to be in Sydney, and second, I'd need to be able to walk :lol

Mike_B
26th January 2003, 07:03 PM
Walking's over-rated CTS ;)

j s
26th January 2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Mike_B
Walking's over-rated CTS ;)
No it's not!!

I too would like to be able to walk (or even stand) without pain.

Norris Lurker
26th January 2003, 09:20 PM
I'm a totally unfit fat bastard who used to be able to take a mark but never could kick - but I wouldn't mind a game.

desredandwhite
26th January 2003, 09:56 PM
I think frequent rotations off the bench will be the go! :)

And stuffed if I'm moving more than 20 metres from my designated position!!!

swansrock4eva
2nd February 2003, 12:22 AM
just giving this a *BUMP* too!

the manager
7th February 2003, 01:21 PM
Count me in for the Kelly all-rounders for the RWO Footy Match

Ben Weatherhead
The manager

Go you mighty Rams

NMWBloods
7th February 2003, 03:00 PM
I might be able to play. I'm in a corporate cup basketball team playing that w'end, so it depends where that is and what time it is.

Ajn
8th February 2003, 09:57 PM
Maybe it sounds like there are a few who could do with a run....
Play 35min quarters to get them fit, lucky there are no skin fold tests for supporters!

Rizzo
10th February 2003, 03:06 PM
lucky there are no skin fold tests for supporters

...or prematch urine samples....

Diego
10th February 2003, 03:14 PM
I'll say i'll last about a minute. :o

35 minutes hey..:eek:

Ajn
13th February 2003, 08:20 PM
Tests will be done for the presence of prohibited substances, anyone without will be banned

Destructive
13th February 2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Norris Lurker
I'm a totally unfit fat bastard who used to be able to take a mark but never could kick - but I wouldn't mind a game.

Are you putting the flab back on Teal? I thought the Rice Crackers might drive you crazy sometime.

Norris Lurker
13th February 2003, 10:29 PM
I think I might have put a couple of kilos on; but not that much. I blame the vanilla Coke.:eek: :eek: And for the drug tests, caffeine's supposed to be a diuretic, so drinking that stuff puts us in the company of the legendary Warnie.
In any case, I don't exactly see you putting your hand up to play. Come on now, let's see your marking and mongrel punting.:p :p

Destructive
13th February 2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Norris Lurker
I think I might have put a couple of kilos on; but not that much. I blame the vanilla Coke.:eek: :eek: And for the drug tests, caffeine's supposed to be a diuretic, so drinking that stuff puts us in the company of the legendary Warnie.
In any case, I don't exactly see you putting your hand up to play. Come on now, let's see your marking and mongrel punting.:p :p

If I'm not working I'll be there with bells on. I just hope I'm nowhere near you otherwise I'll be squashed.

Norris Lurker
13th February 2003, 10:43 PM
Take the bells off and come and get me.
*sticks out tongue* Na na na na na!!! :p :p :p I'll get more kicks than you.:p :p

Destructive
13th February 2003, 10:52 PM
Bring it on Fatboy! Why don't you put on 25kg and then just go and stand in the goalsquare? Just be there taking marks and kicking goals, I know its been your dream for many years.

Norris Lurker
13th February 2003, 10:57 PM
There's only one Tony Lockett, and it ain't either of us. :eek:
In any event, there's too much running around the midfield to be done for that to be a realistic option.;) ;)

Destructive, the challenge has been set. Are you up for it?

Destructive
13th February 2003, 11:09 PM
A few years ago you were beginning to look like him. Play like him? No way!

Norris Lurker
13th February 2003, 11:19 PM
When Plugger made that ill-fated comeback last year, he lost a lot of weight. But when he lost the weight, he also lost his footballing ability.
He always played better when he wasn't fit. There's a lesson there for all of us.;) :D :D

Destructive
13th February 2003, 11:25 PM
I want to be a fat bastard, and follow in your footsteps but I just can't put on the weight. What must I do, Master?

Norris Lurker
13th February 2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Destructive
I want to be a fat bastard, and follow in your footsteps but I just can't put on the weight. What must I do, Master? Eat all the pies.

Destructive
13th February 2003, 11:34 PM
I've eaten a lot of KFC and Slack Macs lately, will that do?

Norris Lurker
13th February 2003, 11:37 PM
And you still can't put the weight on?
People like you shouldn't be allowed to live.:p :p

penga
21st February 2003, 06:23 PM
im in for the footy game for now, it is so hard to tell this far off, due to the previous rating i would be at a 3.5, i havent played competitively since i was 17 (im now 20) but i am now training with my old club one night a week and in about 2 weeks ill be training 2 nights a week, fitness will be the only issue. on-ball/forward pocket. i dont know if ill be in with the trivia night but im happy to give the ticket price as a fee to play, fairs fair. can u buy trivia tickets at the door?

swansrock4eva
21st February 2003, 10:01 PM
Penga, you can buy them at the door but if you could confirm with me via PM or email prior to the date, that would be great :)

TheMase
25th February 2003, 09:39 AM
Here is the currently list:

TheMase
SwansRock4Eva (Kelly All-Rounders)
DesRedandWhite (Lack of Skilltons)
Mike_B
Destructive
TheHood
Diego
Norris Lurker
NMWBloods (possible)
Bomber Spirit (Bigfooty)
TigerCraig (Bigfooty)
Juicy Fruits (Bigfooty)
The Doctor (Bigfooty)
ScouseCat (MAYBE, Bigfooty)
The Manager
SydneyFan
Penga
David (friend of mine)

We may need an umpire or two.
Goal Umpires aren't overly important, as the field umpire can judge the goals.

I can provide an umpiring whistle, I just don't really want to umpire myself lol.

desredandwhite
25th February 2003, 09:48 AM
Come on, get into it!

No need to worry about being embarassed... I'll be EASILY worse than any of you :D

TheMase
25th February 2003, 10:41 AM
Come on, get into it!

No need to worry about being embarassed... I'll be EASILY worse than any of you :D

We need more RWO'ers.

Those Bigfooty people are not really guarenteed (bar probably 2).

So that would give us a total number of 10-12.

6 a side just won't work!

Come on people, its a bit of fun, for guys and gals!

penga
25th February 2003, 11:21 AM
ive already stated that im in, so...

swansrock4eva
25th February 2003, 11:27 AM
And speaking of needing people... there's this trivia night thing after the match as well....

http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57

TheMase
25th February 2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by penga
ive already stated that im in, so...

Sorry. I will update you on that list, must have missed that somehwere (I will have to go through this thread again).

From Terrigal eh? I used to live near Wyong! Do you play footy up that way?

TheMase
25th February 2003, 02:13 PM
Okay. If all of those listed turn up now, that will give us 18. 9 a side will work.

More is really necessary though, as some of those won't turn up of course, and the more the better.

JAB considering you cannot play, do you think you can umpire? I can give you a 10 minute course in umpiring if you like?

TheHood
25th February 2003, 03:39 PM
ok count me in - dont care about which team i play in.

penga
25th February 2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by TheMase
From Terrigal eh? Do you play footy up that way?

i played for terrigal/avoca, in under 19s or 18s or whatever it was, i quit when i was 17... as stated above i started training with them again last week, soon to be a twice a week affair, i have no real intention of playing with them but more a fitness program type thing, i LOVE footy training

TheMase
25th February 2003, 04:04 PM
i played for terrigal/avoca, in under 19s or 18s or whatever it was, i quit when i was 17... as stated above i started training with them again last week, soon to be a twice a week affair, i have no real intention of playing with them but more a fitness program type thing, i LOVE footy training

Very Interesting.
You quit when you were 17?
Did you play in 1999? In the under 16s?

I have probably played against you, and we don't know it :p

I played for the Wyong-Lakes AFC. We won the 1999 flag, I dont know whether you played that year or not.

TheMase
25th February 2003, 04:05 PM
Very Interesting.

I played for the Wyong-Lakes AFC. We won the 1999 flag, I dont know whether you played that year or not.

Actually I just noticed that you are older than me.

But if you quit when you were 17, I would have definetely played against you at some stage.

Mike_B
25th February 2003, 04:09 PM
Come on, get into it!

Yep, this is true, I've seen Des' ability myself!!!!!

TheMase
25th February 2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Mike_B
I've seen Des' ability myself!!!!!

Or lack-thereof ;)

penga
25th February 2003, 04:11 PM
Very Interesting.

i quit in 98, i thought i was 17 but obviously not, i was 16. your home ground was mingara eh? i played against them (or you) a few times... i was/am a forward

TheMase
25th February 2003, 04:14 PM
i quit in 98, i thought i was 17 but obviously not, i was 16. your home ground was mingara eh? i played against them (or you) a few times... i was/am a forward

1998 was your last season?
Then I would have played against you. Or at least your team. Our home ground was Tacoma Oval (one surrounding a lake). The one you speak of was Kilarney Vales home ground.

I played in the under 17's in 1998 aswell.
The Grand Final was between us and Kilarney Vale, with Kilarney Vale beating us with a lucky win :mad:

TheMase
25th February 2003, 04:17 PM

If you had played in 1999 you would have noticed me. I was playing under 16s but we played on a Sunday in the under 18 competition and I normally played both. That was the game that I fractured my wrist just before half time. Got it strapped, then the coach put me in the centre. Heartless bastard he was too. I was in an immense amount of pain. Unfortunately we had no bench, so there was no choice (we lost by over 200 points too).

Diego
25th February 2003, 10:28 PM
I'll be the big burly full forward..complete with a ciggie hanging out of my mouth as I wait for our talented midfield of Des "Akermanis" Lee and Luke "Willo" Mason to deliver lace up chest marks down my way.

Who ever plays on me bring your own ciggies!

:D :o :p

penga
25th February 2003, 10:51 PM
1998 was your last season?
Then I would have played against you. Or at least your team. Our home ground was Tacoma Oval (one surrounding a lake). The one you speak of was Kilarney Vales home ground.

I played in the under 17's in 1998 aswell.
The Grand Final was between us and Kilarney Vale, with Kilarney Vale beating us with a lucky win :mad:

its all very distant, what guernsey did u wear? what position did u play? u guys werent called peninsula?

TheMase
26th February 2003, 09:13 AM
its all very distant, what guernsey did u wear? what position did u play? u guys werent called peninsula?

Collingwood Guernseys.
I was all over the place, so it is hard to say. I may have played on you down back, I may have played down forward, and even played through the midfield occationally.

Penninsula is the Swans, and they are based at Woy Woy, wrong end of the Coast :p

TheMase
26th February 2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Diego
as I wait for our talented midfield of Luke "Willo" Mason to deliver lace up chest marks down my way.

I'll see what I can do :D

snajik
26th February 2003, 12:40 PM
Very Interesting.

Watch out Mase it's getting spookier. I also played for the Wyong-Lakes Magpies U18s, however a decade + before you did. I played ruck/rover or on the wing and wore #19. I left after 2 seasons when I found out that it was impossible to pick u pgirls whle wearing a Collingwood jumper.

TheMase
26th February 2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by snajik
Watch out Mase it's getting spookier. I also played for the Wyong-Lakes Magpies U18s, however a decade + before you did. I played ruck/rover or on the wing and wore #19. I left after 2 seasons when I found out that it was impossible to pick up girls while wearing a Collingwood jumper.

:eek:

This is getting stranger by the minute :D

I started playing with the Magpies in 1993, so I was there fore quite a while.
What was your name, perhaps they would have mentioned you at some stage?

It is true, it is very hard to do that in a Collingwood Jumper, no arguements here :(

You going to come to the match mate?

snajik
26th February 2003, 04:11 PM
:eek:

This is getting stranger by the minute :D

I started playing with the Magpies in 1993, so I was there fore quite a while.
What was your name, perhaps they would have mentioned you at some stage?

It is true, it is very hard to do that in a Collingwood Jumper, no arguements here :(

You going to come to the match mate?

I'm toying with the idea of coming to the match. Haven't played for a long time now so I'm bound to be a passenger.

I've done some quick maths and it seems that I must have played for The Lakes in 1982-83. (Time is getting away). I doubt that anyone would still know me. I've lost touch with everyone that I played with, and besides I was hardly a star player. For what its worth my name is David Miller (aka Snake or Snajik).

Back then I think there were 5 teams in the comp - Gosford, Wyong, Terrigal, Woy Woy and Killarney Vale. Terrigal and us were permanently locked in a battle for the spoon. I moved back to Sydney in 84 and played a season with Manly Warringah's reserves. It was then that I came to realise that I didn't really have a future as an AFL star and decided that it was much more pleasureable on the other side of the fence, schooner in hand screaming my lungs out.

TheMase
26th February 2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by snajik
I'm toying with the idea of coming to the match. Haven't played for a long time now so I'm bound to be a passenger.

I've done some quick maths and it seems that I must have played for The Lakes in 1982-83. (Time is getting away). I doubt that anyone would still know me. I've lost touch with everyone that I played with, and besides I was hardly a star player. For what its worth my name is David Miller (aka Snake or Snajik).

Back then I think there were 5 teams in the comp - Gosford, Wyong, Terrigal, Woy Woy and Killarney Vale. Terrigal and us were permanently locked in a battle for the spoon. I moved back to Sydney in 84 and played a season with Manly Warringah's reserves. It was then that I came to realise that I didn't really have a future as an AFL star and decided that it was much more pleasureable on the other side of the fence, schooner in hand screaming my lungs out.

You should come along. We need the numbers, and it will be a bit of fun.

You might remember Dave Ede. Big bloke, was a Full Forward I think back then. Loud Mouth Collingwood Supporter? LOL!

Hope to see ya at the match mate.

TheMase
28th February 2003, 02:32 PM
Come on people. I need more names
The game is only 3 weeks away. You can just put your name down to turn up if you like, you can play in the forward pocket, you can umpire, you can run water (Des will appreciate ;) ) You can do whatever you like, you wont get hurt, the game is a fun game!

NOTE: In the above sentence, there probably should be been several full stops. I apologise for this, as I couldn't be bothered seperating the sentence at the time, nor could I now.

TheMase
28th February 2003, 02:35 PM
I know there are some people online now from Sydney, come on.
If you have kids, no problems, they can play too :D

penga
3rd March 2003, 10:54 PM
sorry guys but im gonna have to pull out, my mates' band is having an album launch in newy... so ill be goin to that. i really wanted to play.