PDA

View Full Version : Chat during game tonite

wenkytesh
28th May 2005, 08:25 PM
anyone interested in chatting throughout the game tonight?
am stuck at work by my lonesome so anyone to talk to would be ideal...

gossipcom
28th May 2005, 08:27 PM
Thought I'd post it here - I missed the first 10 mins (listening to the radio) Saddington's playing - did he replace Willo?

Because he's the only player I can't see in the lineup on the AFL website.

wenkytesh
28th May 2005, 08:30 PM
channel 10 in sydney is only just starting now..

SXP
28th May 2005, 08:33 PM
It looks to me like semi-final of 2004 revisited.:(

wenkytesh
28th May 2005, 08:34 PM
please dont spoil it for me in this thread

ROK Lobster
28th May 2005, 08:39 PM
Yep, no spoilers you impatient radio listeners.

wenkytesh
28th May 2005, 08:40 PM
thanx ROK

oooh, its christie time:D

Mike_B
28th May 2005, 08:40 PM
Williams out, Saddington in - not exactly the best start to the night. Apparently due to a calf injury sustained at training on Thursday night.

ROK Lobster
28th May 2005, 08:44 PM
Where is Schauble... PLEASE!

SXP
28th May 2005, 08:58 PM
From what i can see, sydney is back to those old bad ways. No, people, they are not finals material. I'll check 2nd half.

midaro
28th May 2005, 09:04 PM
We're playing like a team who hasn't beaten anyone in the top 8!
...oh yeah :rolleyes:

SXP
28th May 2005, 09:06 PM
Exactly. I believe there are guys here who said the same thing.:(

ROK Lobster
28th May 2005, 09:07 PM
54 handballs, mostly poor ones, 37 kicks, mostly poor ones.

28th May 2005, 09:08 PM
who is LRT doing?

Mike_B
28th May 2005, 09:09 PM
We're ultra-flooding meaning we have nobody to kick to on the rebound. We are playing a style tonight that says "lets keep the damage to a minimum". Go on Roosy, let them be daring, play to win instead of playing not to lose.

This overpossession is terrible - handball after handball to someone standing still in no better a position is killing us.

The scary thing as well is that guys like Jones, Dal Santo and Ball have had nothing of it so far for St Kilda - you don't keep players of that quality quiet for a full game.

ROK Lobster
28th May 2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by gossipcom
Thought I'd post it here - I missed the first 10 mins (listening to the radio) Saddington's playing - did he replace Willo?

Because he's the only player I can't see in the lineup on the AFL website.
Willo did a calf at training in Thu apparently.

SXP
28th May 2005, 09:10 PM
What are they doing? Can't they kick? What is this about handballs? They outscored St Kilda 66 to 39 in handballing. This is very promissing.

midaro
28th May 2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Where is Schauble... PLEASE!

By no measure is Schauble behind both LRT and Saddo (for any position on the ground).
There's a story there, I'm sure of it.
...but given that we're not a Melbourne team, we'll probably never find out.

ROK Lobster
28th May 2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Mike_B
We're ultra-flooding meaning we have nobody to kick to on the rebound. We are playing a style tonight that says "lets keep the damage to a minimum". Go on Roosy, let them be daring, play to win instead of playing not to lose.

This overpossession is terrible - handball after handball to someone standing still in no better a position is killing us.

The scary thing as well is that guys like Jones, Dal Santo and Ball have had nothing of it so far for St Kilda - you don't keep players of that quality quiet for a full game.
Spot on Mike, on all accounts. Get 'em back and make it ugly seems to be about as creative as we ever get.

midaro
28th May 2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Newbie
who is LRT doing?
LRT is doing OK.
Yes, I said it.

gossipcom
28th May 2005, 09:21 PM
Willo did his calf? dammit - any word on how long he'll be out?

midaro
28th May 2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by gossipcom
Willo did his calf? dammit - any word on how long he'll be out?
He did it on Thursday and they thought he might still play tonight, (well, that was the story :rolleyes: ) so it can't be that bad.

...Bevan needs time in the reserves.

ROK Lobster
28th May 2005, 09:24 PM
Wagga must have a brilliant full forward playing tomorrow.

midaro
28th May 2005, 09:33 PM
Umpires?
Seriously, I think we get a bad run from umpires, because we make so much more work for them ;) .

Mike_B
28th May 2005, 09:41 PM
Better quarter on the scoreboard for us, but that's about it. Still playing a crap brand of football with awful skills. Very lucky to not be behind by alot more - Riewoldt has caught our disease of not being able to kick straight.

gossipcom
28th May 2005, 09:42 PM
thanks for that midaro

he he Bobby Skilton slammed the umpires on Triple M's @ half-time :)

28th May 2005, 09:44 PM
Better quarter on the scoreboard for us, but that's about it. Still playing a crap brand of football with awful skills. Very lucky to not be behind by alot more - Riewoldt has caught our disease of not being able to kick straight. pressure of matching on LRT is getting into him :p :p .

Mike_B
28th May 2005, 09:45 PM
A few decisions have been dodgy, but most of them have been there. The umps could be better, but if we're relying on them to get us back into the game, we're deluded.

gossipcom
28th May 2005, 09:46 PM
Mike that's pretty much what BS said ;)

Jeffers1984
28th May 2005, 09:48 PM
just like someone said before. the Aints main ball winners Dal Santo and Ball have done SFA atm.

No matter the outcome of this game. The coaching staff have to come to the conclusion that THIS FREAKEN GAMEPLAN WILL NOT WIN US A PREMIERSHIP!

stellation
28th May 2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Wagga must have a brilliant full forward playing tomorrow.
Alistair Lynch has moved to Wagga perhaps?

SXP
28th May 2005, 09:50 PM
Would somebody ask the the club when they put together a plan to win the premiership?:rolleyes:

ROK Lobster
28th May 2005, 09:51 PM
We look so ordinary at times. Over hand ball to blokes under pressure and dreadful kicking. Hall has looked better tonight, MOL has looked great but they are not being given a chance. Thought Schneider's disposal has showed something but overall, a shambles. If Riewoldt takes a confidence tablet at 1/2 time he could tear us a new one.

ROK Lobster
28th May 2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by SXP
Would somebody ask the the club when they put together a plan to win the premiership?:rolleyes:
But, but, but, I haven't got the cattle. But, but, but, they are a very talented team. But, but, but, we are a working class side who will win a premiership when every player plays to their absolute potential 26 weeks in a row.

Mike_B
28th May 2005, 09:53 PM
The thing is, we can play a style where we use the handball in a positive way - when we run past as a receiver, the handball is out in front of the player and they can then kick to a target up forward. Tonight the handballs are behind players, at their toes, to players standing still or going backwards...

SXP
28th May 2005, 09:56 PM
Another question that puzzles me.. What is this about umps giving more free kikcs to Siants. What is going on? There's 15 to 7 in favour of Saints. Unless there's a reasonable explanation to this I'm going to spit on every umps I see in mu life.:(

Chubby Muffler
28th May 2005, 09:58 PM
The thing is, we can play a style where we use the handball in a positive way - when we run past as a receiver, the handball is out in front of the player and they can then kick to a target up forward. Tonight the handballs are behind players, at their toes, to players standing still or going backwards...

Good call. No momentum in the right direction.

Mike_B
28th May 2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by SXP
Another question that puzzles me.. What is this about umps giving more free kikcs to Siants. What is going on? There's 15 to 7 in favour of Saints. Unless there's a reasonable explanation to this I'm going to spit on every umps I see in mu life.:(

Just looking at the number of frees and complaining is nonsense. As I mentioned earlier, there have been a couple of dodgy decisions, but overall, most of them have been there.

Wil
28th May 2005, 10:14 PM
Umpires are ruining the game :(

midaro
28th May 2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Wil
Roos is ruining the game.

ROK Lobster
28th May 2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Wil
We have ruined this one

28th May 2005, 10:33 PM
Edited because of spoilers = please keep spoilers out of this thread as the game is on delay for most of us.

Mike_B
Don't any of our players want to kick goals anymore? Or has the match committee put more emphasis on "score assists" than "scores"? It just defies logic that we take a mark inside forward 50, and eyes look everywhere but at the goals.

Wil
Riewoldt kicked a goal. Anyone have an effigy of The Hyphen we can burn?

Mike_B
28th May 2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Wil

Just grab a mop - his head looks like one...

28th May 2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Wil
Listen to the radio, dont think he disgraced himself, not until the game is over at least while playing one of the best CHF in the game.

Wil
28th May 2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Newbie
Listen to the radio, dont think he disgraced himself, not until the game is over at least while playing one of the best CHF in the game. Oops. I forgot the :rolleyes: or the ;) to signify my satire of Hyphen mockers. :)

Wil
28th May 2005, 10:48 PM
Bye bye Buchanan - nice knowing you.

Mike_B
28th May 2005, 10:50 PM
Monty strikes again.....yes, I've come to expect him to kick behinds so that when he does kick a goal I can receive a pleasant surprise.

We just lack class around goal when the ball is in play - Mathews misses with plenty of time, Schneider misses running into an open goal on not an overly tight angle, Monty misses one he should kick...

Looks like yet another game where we will kick more behinds than goals.

punter257
28th May 2005, 10:57 PM
same old story 2nite

just shows where we are at the moment and the level of improvement needed. i havent watched much of the game 2nite but listened on the radio, but from what i have seen and heard there are too many basic skill errors and turnovers.

and boy do i feel for poor leo. looks like a midget next to the G train.

Jeffers1984
28th May 2005, 10:59 PM
I think the club should include psychiatric sessions with our memberships.

Oh did i mention, Schneider is soft!

28th May 2005, 10:59 PM
Our midfield cant kick. We dont have a regular goal kicking midfielder in the team atm. We missed Williams and Davis so badly. Without them, we lack the class to compete with about half of dozen teams.

Jeffers1984
28th May 2005, 11:19 PM
Well i guess it proves that our forward crumbers suck, which has come to my conclusion that we need to recruit an aboriginal Aaron davey/Jeff Farmer type goal sneak. Someone with superb goal sense, speed, agility and not afraid to have a ping at the bloody sticks!

Mike_B
28th May 2005, 11:29 PM
29 inside 50's - the 2nd lowest EVER since those stats have been kept. Teams near the top of the ladder would have that many in less than one half of football.

I guess to manage 18 scoring shots from 29 inside 50's is pretty good....but still not nearly enough to win you a game...

28th May 2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Jeffers1984
Well i guess it proves that our forward crumbers suck, which has come to my conclusion that we need to recruit an aboriginal Aaron davey/Jeff Farmer type goal sneak. Someone with superb goal sense, speed, agility and not afraid to have a ping at the bloody sticks!
Walls (?) mentioned that it is our style of play that makes it very difficult to crumb. We kick too wide to the forward pockets most of the time. From those positions, the chance of getting a crumb goal is very limited.

Kicking to the top of the square would have made our crumbers lot more effective.

I think that is a good argument to look at.

craigusvegas
28th May 2005, 11:42 PM
I was going to wail at the umpiring, go off at walls and quartermain (they were unashamedly flying their big v colours tonight) but at the end of the night the swannies lost it themselves. pretty hard to do anything 6ft underground. what can be said - woeful. like the last time they were like this - mid2002 - that saints/dome combo again - time for a new look. even though my eyes were closed at the time, I heard walls say the game could be a watershed moment for sydney. pray it is. this game has been coming most of this season.

Reggi
28th May 2005, 11:48 PM
Sydney's handball is atrocious it is so utterly bad.

Can we sack Ross Lyon?

Mike_B
28th May 2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Reggi
Can we sack Ross Lyon?

I've said it a few times before, and it seems to have not been recognised in the media, but Malaxos heading back to Perth was a big loss for us and Ross Lyon....well, maybe his name would be more apt if it were Loss Ryon, coz he has given us nothing as a midfield coach in his year and a half.

Reggi
28th May 2005, 11:53 PM
I've said it a few times before, and it seems to have not been recognised in the media, but Malaxos heading back to Perth was a big loss for us and Ross Lyon....well, maybe his name would be more apt if it were Loss Ryon, coz he has given us nothing as a midfield coach in his year and a half.

In the past 25 years this is the worst midfield I have seen Sydney have. Defensive, skill-less, slow, Jude Bolton is the only winner.

Yeah Ross Lyon needs to go

punter257
29th May 2005, 04:37 AM
compared to all the other midfields in the comp, ours struggles bigtime.

the inside 50 stat 2nite is an absolute joke and to only score 58 points at the dome is shocking.

we have one of the best fwd lines on paper, its just a shame the game is played on grass

cruiser
29th May 2005, 12:01 PM
Its like they're playing hot potatoe with the ball: "I dont wanna get hammered with it, so I'll hand pass it to that poor bastard who is being checked closely so he gets hammered instead." Idiotic football.

cruiser
29th May 2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by punter257
we have one of the best fwd lines on paper, its just a shame the game is played on grass
Its just they they are shockingly inaccurate, dont back themselves to kick goals from more than 35 metres out and forget to lead.

BonBon
29th May 2005, 05:23 PM
I thought we were coming back at half time when we were only 10 or so points down. It's even more worse to say that we were "thrashed" rather than just a loss. Last week I said "I think I am definitely tipping against us" but then, I felt confident we would win. Was it because we were on a high from the last games we'd won? I think next week will be better. We won't be as over-confident.