PDA

View Full Version : Where is Powelly ?

Hitman44
15th June 2005, 10:57 AM
What do you think guys / gals ?

Has he had enough ?

Has Roosy / Longmire / Lyon etc etc given up on him ?

or is it just a fact that we can not fit him in the side at the moment?

Mike_B
15th June 2005, 11:27 AM
IMHO Powell doesn't work hard enough to warrant a spot in the top 22. For the positions he plays in, we have enough depth to cover them without having to bring in an obviously talented, yet lazy footballer. If he were to work harder, he could be a valuable player for us, but as it stands right now, I think he will be gone at the end of the year (contracts and all permitting).

pillowtalk
15th June 2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Hitman44
What do you think guys / gals ?

Has he had enough ?

Has Roosy / Longmire / Lyon etc etc given up on him ?

or is it just a fact that we can not fit him in the side at the moment?
Interesting question. You would have thought that as another tall, and especially the way LRT has been playing in recent weeks, he would have had a chance. Anyone been watching him in the 2's, how's he been playing ?

Ruda Wakening
15th June 2005, 11:40 AM
I think he hurt his collarbone or shoulder in the match against Wagga.

Wil
15th June 2005, 11:49 AM
I was thinking about this the other day. I think Vogels has jumped him on the chart so to speak.

How old was Powell when we drafted him? Is there a problem with how we condition talls? Vogels spends all his time in Victoria and moves almost straight into a senior position with us. Powell spends all his time playing in the ACT and is still struggling...

Ruck'n'Roll
15th June 2005, 01:01 PM
He's not particularly tall, he's not all that quick, he's got a great leap . . . . he's beginning to sound like Warwick Capper.

He's done a lot of work in the gym, yet his trunk and particularly his legs are awfull thin.

Jeffers1984
15th June 2005, 02:07 PM
He's playing in the forward line in the reserves. I would think that if he had any chance to be playing in the seniors, he would be playing down back to show his stuff.

InTheKnow
15th June 2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Jeffers1984
He's playing in the forward line in the reserves. I would think that if he had any chance to be playing in the seniors, he would be playing down back to show his stuff.

I keep thinking exactly the same thing!! Sometimes he plays 1/2 a game at forward and 1/2 game down the back but usually it's just mainly as forward. It then really bugs me when Roosy throws him into a senior side to play down back and he looks uncomfortable and struggles.

That said, he sometimes looks rather slow and unfit whereas other times i've seen him play blinders! He has had a few niggly injuries this season so I don't think he's a lost cause just yet...

barry
15th June 2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Jeffers1984

You'd never see the ball playing down back in the 2's.

Notice how defenders like Schuable get played at CHF when in the reserves.

Schneiderman
15th June 2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by barry
You'd never see the ball playing down back in the 2's.

Notice how defenders like Schuable get played at CHF when in the reserves.

LOL. Are you suggesting we apply a "drought" at all seconds games from now on? :p