PDA

View Full Version : AFL(NSW-ACT) website is unofficially up!!

Rafters
1st May 2003, 02:24 PM
http://www.aflnswact.com.au/

Officially opens up on 6 May ... looks good I reckon!

Phil Doyle
1st May 2003, 04:31 PM
Looks like a Sportal website.

It will be interesting to see if they have any lively content. Or accurate content. Or up to date content. Or if it's just another bland plastic sportal corporate site like the ones that have taken over Victorian country footy.

Footy is about character. Its not always pretty, but its entertaining. Someone should tell the marketing bozos that. They have a certain panache for making it all very slick, safe...and as boring as bat ****.

Rafters
1st May 2003, 05:23 PM
Most websites have to be politically correct these days Phil ... I have been wrapped a few times over the knuckles by opponent clubs for writing things that they got offended with. I am certain that even some of the postings in this website have offended people & given the litigious environment we live in, website rules & moderators are becoming the norm.

The league website doesn't need a controversial website - it merely needs the basics such as scoreboards, important notices, ladders, draws ,etc. Especially in the SFL as most of its member clubs have been poor in maintaining up-to-date websites in recent years.

Controversy & opinion can be left to forums such as this one, not the league's.

I applaud them for their perceived improved performance already in 2003. Remember that Rome wasn't ...

Richo
1st May 2003, 07:42 PM
It's got what it needs, but I'd like to see results and ladders from the country NSW leagues.... Or are they already there and I didn't find them?

Or are they going to be on a different site?

The AFL Queensland site has taken ages to get all its bits together, and even now the regional leagues' pages don't tend to work and aren't yet linked to from the front page.