View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

Sydney Swans AFL

1. Match Preview - Round 20: Sydney vs. Collingwood

I felt like I needed to exercise my writing muscles, so I thought I'd put pen to paper and have a go at writing a preview for this week's game against the Pies. It's a re-post of the preview I put up on BF. (Hope the IMG tags work here...)

Where and When:
    Saturday 10 August, 7:40pm, ANZ Stadium, Sydney

Game Day Weather Forecast: Clear but cold night in Sydney ? note minimum temperature of 6 degrees in the west!

Recent History:
    The last meeting ...
    Categories
    Sydney Swans , Seniors
  2. My thoughts on how to beat Collingwood

After watching Collingwood a great deal over the year, these are my thoughts on how you beat them.

1. They don't like tackling pressure on the ball carrier. Rather than let guys like Thomas, Pendlebury and Beams run around on their own, hit them hard every time they go near the ball. It frustrates them and throws them off their game. We are the best tackling team in the comp (72 per game), and if we make 80-90 tackles we are well on our way to winning.

2. They are ...
  3. Out from under the BT Radar

Watching Brian Taylor, my media nemesis, give a glowing endorsement to the Swans tonight on Fox AFL Teams made me feel uncomfortable.
    Why is that?

I know what GoSwannie14 would say!

I didn?t want to hear we were the most efficient team with our kicking or that our stoppages had dropped dramatically.

What I wanted to hear from BT , Uncle Tony, Cranky Parko and the delightful Rohan Smith was that
    a) even though we?d traded a lot we hadn?t ...
    Categories
    Sydney Swans , Seniors
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO