View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Round 15: Swans v Demons @ Cazaly's

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Glad that Horse played McCartin back. He looks like he’s a natural there.

With Fox, AA, Pelican, Gould you’d hope that Rampe might get to play a more offensive role and Mills might be given leave to play inside the contest.

Cmon Horse!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Harry C and Fox are becoming quite the pair down back. Not flashy or anything but they're doing a good job.
    Is Harry C shaping up as Nick Smiths replacement?
    McCartin ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Match Preview - Round 20: Sydney vs. Collingwood

I felt like I needed to exercise my writing muscles, so I thought I'd put pen to paper and have a go at writing a preview for this week's game against the Pies. It's a re-post of the preview I put up on BF. (Hope the IMG tags work here...)

Where and When:
    Saturday 10 August, 7:40pm, ANZ Stadium, Sydney

Game Day Weather Forecast: Clear but cold night in Sydney ? note minimum temperature of 6 degrees in the west!

Recent History:
    The last meeting ...
    Categories
    Sydney Swans , Seniors
  3. My thoughts on how to beat Collingwood

After watching Collingwood a great deal over the year, these are my thoughts on how you beat them.

1. They don't like tackling pressure on the ball carrier. Rather than let guys like Thomas, Pendlebury and Beams run around on their own, hit them hard every time they go near the ball. It frustrates them and throws them off their game. We are the best tackling team in the comp (72 per game), and if we make 80-90 tackles we are well on our way to winning.

2. They are ...
  4. Freedom of speech? Where?

Allow me, please, to step onto a soapbox and tell you all something about this thing you all call "Freedom of Speech". And you will allow me, such is the power of"Freedom of Speech". Right?

Then let me start by quoting text from the Parliamentary Library, Research Note no. 42 2001-02
    (Free speech and the Constitution) to be precise - and this may surprise you ...
    The Australian Constitution does not have any express provision relating to freedom

Updated 19th July 2011 at 10:00 AM by ScottH (fix typo only)

Categories
    Non Sports Content
  5. A not so Quick Draw

by , 30th March 2011 at 11:20 AM (Stuff that comes to mind!!)
    How deflated do you feel after a draw?
    After 2 hours the exhilaration is gone. Flat.
    Yes we didn't lose, but maybe we really should have won, and not given up the lead. 2 points is better than 0 points, but not as good as 4.
    What if we miss the top 4, or even a top 2 spot by 2 points?
    What if we miss the 8 by 2 points? Well it could be a positive and the 2 points get us over the other team.

Personally, I felt relieved that we hadn't lost, the Demons came ...

Updated 30th March 2011 at 06:57 PM by ScottH

Categories
    Sydney Swans , AFL - General , Sport
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO