Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats there to do in Homebush pre-match?

Whats there to do in Homebush pre-match?

Having only been to Homebush when the Swans have been playing a night game, and then in and out as quick as possible, I'm left asking the question;

What is there to do out there???

I'm thinking of heading out for 10am Sunday and having a poke around, are there any good pub/bars and what about places to eat?

Any chance of a RWO pre-match drink? I wail be doing the usual ARC thing after the game but any pre-game suggestions please post them here.
    Swannies haiku
    Harbour with white swan
    The flag shall be yours again
    Destiny repeats

Veterans List
    The action is at the Novatel - and there should be lots of hung over rugger types still there (a room at the hotel is normally about $250 but $800 this Saturday night).

The RWO gang tend to gather inside, down the train station end of the main bar. If you see a woman in a Cats scarf you're in the right place.

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Also McDonalds just around the corner from the Pub, for something else to do, also the public observation deck at the Novatel (level 26???)
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Some people go to Corncord West train station then to the Concord West Hotel for a few beers (at decent prices) and a feed, then it is a 20-30 minute walk thru the park to the stadium.
    One vege patch at a time
    www.onegreenacre.com
    Looking for a beer? Look here,
    www.whereisthepub.org

Blog Entries
    I was thinking of seeing if stella would bring his guitar and we could do some pre-match busking.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of busking, did anyone see those two guys on the footbridge between Telstra Dome and Spencer Street station after the game on Saturday playing "Cheer, Cheer"? Loved it!

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by sydfan83
    Speaking of busking, did anyone see those two guys on the footbridge between Telstra Dome and Spencer Street station after the game on Saturday playing "Cheer, Cheer"? Loved it!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    I was thinking of seeing if stella would bring his guitar and we could do some pre-match busking.
    I sure can. The great thing about busking is that with the constantly changing crowd nobody ever notices that you are just playing "Dirty Old Town" over and over.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

I'm trying to organise a get together in the city somewhere around Central for brunch and then we can all get the train out together. It someone's birthday! See http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/for...threadid=10124
    CHER - Who has two types of blood cells "RED ones and WHITE ones"

On the Rookie List

Re: Whats there to do in Homebush pre-match?

Originally posted by Provost
    Having only been to Homebush when the Swans have been playing a night game, and then in and out as quick as possible, I'm left asking the question;

What is there to do out there???

I'm thinking of heading out for 10am Sunday and having a poke around, are there any good pub/bars and what about places to eat?

Any chance of a RWO pre-match drink? I wail be doing the usual ARC thing after the game but any pre-game suggestions please post them here.
    The Brewery at the Novotel is the best place (and only place) at Olympic Park to go before and after match. It does get really packed though.
    There is always heaps of food stalls before the game and you can pretty much get anything you want to eat - indian, kebabs, sausage/steak sandwiches and heaps of other stuff! The food is better than what you'll get in the stadium.

I think after the game some of us are going into the city to PJ O'Briens on King Street but not sure yet.
    "And i will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you"

Originally posted by sydfan83
    I think they're there almost every game, playing both club songs before the game, and the victor's afterwards.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Originally posted by stellation
    I sure can. The great thing about busking is that with the constantly changing crowd nobody ever notices that you are just playing "Dirty Old Town" over and over.
    I met my love by the gas works wall
    Dreamed a dream by the old canal
    Kissed my girl (Where'd you kiss her!!!!) by the factory wall
    Dirty old town
    Dirty old town

If you bring your guitar and play that I'll buy you a Guinness and kiss ya

Novatel sounds the goods then for pre-match cheers and beers. I'll be heading in the the Aussie Rules Club in the Cross for afters
    Swannies haiku
    Harbour with white swan
    The flag shall be yours again
    Destiny repeats

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast