Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Qualifying Final Negatives

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    - O'Keefe once again missing when it comes to finals
    - Hall playing his shocker at the worst time of the year. I'm sure he'll be fired up next week.
    - Easy chances missed ( O'loughlin's miss really cost us badly as we had all the momentum in th 3rd). Schneider in the 1st and Tadhg in the last (although played a great game).
    - Losing a 14 point lead in the last quarter, perhaps our game plan changed at that point??

Just gutted atm.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Originally posted by eirinn
    End of the third
    He'd played 23 minutes out of about 90, and was the leading tackler in a lock down game. I'm sceptical.

But even if it is true, why is a forward tackling so much, and not kicking, marking and other attacking stuff.
    He's done nothing since he burst on the scene. He'll come good, but at the moment I think we have better in the reserves.

Originally posted by Jeffers1984
    [B- Losing a 14 point lead in the last quarter, perhaps our game plan changed at that point??
    [/B]
    We definitely lost our run from HB in the last. Don't think it was due to a change in game plan, but more likely due to a change in the Eagles forward structure forcing us to make a few adjustments down back that benefited them in negating some of that run.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by Jeffers1984
    [BJust gutted atm. [/B]
    Spot on with everything you said in your post.

I'm too stoned to be gutted.

Here's tonights drug itinerary.

Start of game;
    1xEcstasy
    Opened 1x Pre-mix can, 5xcones.
    Still lucid.

1/4 time.
    Opened 1x Pre-mix can, 3xcones.
    Sort of with it.

1/2 time.
    Opened 1x Pre-mix can, 4xcones.
    Ripped!!!

3/4 time
    Opened 1x Pre-mix can, 1xcones.
    Lovin' the game.

Full time.
    Opened 1x Pre-mix can, 3xcones.
    Lucid-but excitable.
    Still a great game.

Chilled out a bit now. Rugging up and going for a bush walk

Willo's been added to the Injury list on afl.com.au for his ankle. Though Telegraph is reporting his thigh (which would make sense since when they showed them pressed on the thigh he literally jumped off the ground).
    Last edited by gossipcom; 3rd September 2005 at 02:36 AM.

Barry Hall.

Umpires.
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

Originally posted by barry
    He'd played 23 minutes out of about 90, and was the leading tackler in a lock down game. I'm sceptical.
    He had 4 tackles in the game, which made him equal third..

But even if it is true, why is a forward tackling so much, and not kicking, marking and other attacking stuff.
    He's done nothing since he burst on the scene. He'll come good, but at the moment I think we have better in the reserves.
    If he wasn't tackling, you'd be complaining that he doesn't work hard enough on his defensive game (which you have done before).

He had 5 possessions and 1 mark. Not great, but not bad for only a few short bursts on the ground. It's not like we were getting it into our F50 that often.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

LRT's disastrous pass.

Hopefully, given his enormous increase in confidence in recent weeks, this and some other things don't set him back quite a bit.

This was undoubtedly a critical turning point. With only 12 min to go, WC never looked like scoring, and I thought 15 points was going to be enough. You could see lift in the WC team after this goal.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Ryan's kick that caused the ball to go out on the full. Didn't that happen recently again?
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    With only 12 min to go, WC never looked like scoring, and I thought 15 points was going to be enough. You could see lift in the WC team after this goal.
    Too true, and if a couple of those shots at goal had been accurate, a 21 or even 27 point lead would have gutted the Weagles.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    LRT's disastrous pass.

Hopefully, given his enormous increase in confidence in recent weeks, this and some other things don't set him back quite a bit.

This was undoubtedly a critical turning point. With only 12 min to go, WC never looked like scoring, and I thought 15 points was going to be enough. You could see lift in the WC team after this goal.
    I noticed in the background someone was barking instruction at him to kick to that wing. Probably, he was pointing at Buchanan who was in clear. Somehow LRT mistook it for Mathews and the rest was history.

It must be said that LRT hold his head firm after that mistake which is a credit for his mental strength I think.

The credits for the whole team too. Even they knew that the umpires were agains them, they did not give in an inch. It shoudl the character and focus of the team.

With this, I am confident they could bounce back. Hope the physical side would be in their favour.

Senior Player
    Matthew was attrocious, loose, non-committal, how he continues to get a game astounds me.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast