Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Captaincy - 2006 and beyond

On the Rookie List

Captaincy - 2006 and beyond

Is this the hardest decision the club will make over the off-season or the easiest?

The rotation was a blazing success? It lifted players and grew the confidence of the leadership team significantly. I firmly believe that having such an experienced accountable group won us the flag. I think the rotation was the number one psycological edge we had over the rest of the competition on the road to the flag.

Is the rotation something that should be continued in 2006 or has it done its job (see above), so therefore let's go back to appointing one skipper from here on?

Thinking of the player psychology for a minute, will it be detrimental to the other leaders if just one man is elected?

What do you RWOers want to see?

Personally, I believe that a continual rotation might dilute the meaning of the captaincy leadership role over time. I think it has served its purpose (players have grown into very accountable leaders) and now it is time for our leaders to elect a captain for all time.

I can't get a struck match between, Kirky & Baz (for different reasons) and I wouldn't be disappointed if it was Goodesy.

Thoughts?
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

On the Rookie List

Re: Captaincy - 2006 and beyond

Originally posted by TheHood
    Is this the hardest decision the club will make over the off-season or the easiest?

The rotation was a blazing success? It lifted players and grew the confidence of the leadership team significantly. I firmly believe that having such an experienced accountable group won us the flag. I think the rotation was the number one psycological edge we had over the rest of the competition on the road to the flag.

Is the rotation something that should be continued in 2006 or has it done its job (see above), so therefore let's go back to appointing one skipper from here on?

Thinking of the player psychology for a minute, will it be detrimental to the other leaders if just one man is elected?

What do you RWOers want to see?

Personally, I believe that a continual rotation might dilute the meaning of the captaincy leadership role over time. I think it has served its purpose (players have grown into very accountable leaders) and now it is time for our leaders to elect a captain for all time.

I can't get a struck match between, Kirky & Baz (for different reasons) and I wouldn't be disappointed if it was Goodesy.

Thoughts?
    I personally favour co-captains in Kirk and Hall as one or the other doesn't deserve to not be the captain. This system has been tried and worked before at St.Kilda (pre-Cornflakes Thomas) and Geeeeeelong.

The other four rotating Captains from 2005 are slightly below Hall and Kirk in regard to leaders of men, hence also going with the co-captaincy policy.
    Well somebody told me, You had a boyfriend, Who looks like a girlfriend,That I had in February of last year, It's not confidential, I've got potential

Somebody told me, The Killers, Hot Fuss, 2004.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    I too vote for twin captancy with Kirk and Bazza.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Originally posted by Jeffers1984
    I too vote for twin captancy with Kirk and Bazza.
    me Too!
    Some people say Football is a matter of life and death - I say it's a lot more important than that!

Brett Kirk - Captain.
    Paul Williams - Vice Captain.
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

Twin captaincy is better than rotation (and they can cover the coin toss to ensure a win) but someone at the club should have the balls to make a decision on a single captain.

Originally posted by Sanecow
    Twin captaincy is better than rotation (and they can cover the coin toss to ensure a win) but someone at the club should have the balls to make a decision on a single captain.
    I wouldn't want to be having to make that decision. But you never know with the Swans. When Kelly was made captain that was seen as an unusual decision, but it paid off amazingly.

Again...I'm glad it's not me deciding.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

I constantly change between Kirky and Hall.

In Sydney the role has the added responsibility of requiring the captain to be the face of the code here.

Both of them would be excellent but for sake of continuity I will go for Baz.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Twin. Looking back on the finals it appeared that they seemed to be doing just that. And they both (Hall and Kirk) deserve it.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Veterans List
    Make Kennelly captain for 3 years. That will stop him going back to Ireland. I dont say that lightly.

I reckon he is genuine captain material.

Regular in the Side
    Kirk. I am still not one hundred percent sure Baz has the right personality.
    ---------||--ANNE--||----------

Originally posted by Nico
    Make Kennelly captain for 3 years. That will stop him going back to Ireland. I dont say that lightly.

I reckon he is genuine captain material.
    That's not such a bad idea!

Might just work
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast