Thread: Captaincy - 2006 and beyond

Originally posted by anniswan
    Already said it previously

3 Captains Back, Forward and Centre

Leo Barry
    Kirk
    Barry Hall
    Mostly three Captains up back.

hall will get it as he's the PREMIERSHIP captain and i can't see him getting the chop after this.

i reckon by making hall the captain for the finals, it was a decision for the next few years at least

even though kirky is a great candidate...............
    Roosy = LEGEND

Veterans List
    But Hall wasn't made the captain. It was simply his turn in the rotation and the players told Roos they did not want to change captains during the finals. So it was his by default. He said he went and individually asked each member of the leadership group if they were happy with that and only when they all agreed did he accept it.

The rotating leadership was either a stroke of brilliance or a very lucky break as all the captains developed into the roll. But it's now time for the club to make the decision as to who will be the captain. Roos has stated that he's considered continuing the rotating captancy but doesn't think he will.

I think that they will conclude that the natural leader in the group is Brett Kirk. But the leadership group will continue and you may see more shared moves - like Kirk speaking to the team during Baz' captaincy at 3/4 time in the Cats final.

Originally posted by Go Swannies

I think that they will conclude that the natural leader in the group is Brett Kirk. But the leadership group will continue and you may see more shared moves - like Kirk speaking to the team during Baz' captaincy at 3/4 time in the Cats final.
    And the PF.....and the GF...all at 3/4 time.

I think Baz makes a good face for the captaincy, but a real leader doesn't need the title of captain as Kirky has proved.

But I do like the sound of Captain Kirk
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Go Swans Always
    I like co-captaincy with Hall and Kirk. I can't split them and think they work well as co-captains - proff with the premiership.
    Love those Swans

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by westernswan
    LRT ...*akward silence*
    tumble weed roles past

"I'll get me coat"
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

Regular in the Side
    I've favoured Kirk since this question was first brought up, and the finals cemented my opinion. Kirk at 3/4 time(s).....that's captain material.

Reading this thread though, I like the idea of co-captaincy. Why not, it seemed to work unofficially throughout the finals anyway. To me Kirky still seemed to be the leader during the finals, even if he didn't have the title and do the coin toss. Everything else about him screamed 'Captain'. As for having Barry as the face of the Swans, I can see how that may benefit the Swans profile more then Kirky doing the same role.
    Life's not a spectator sport

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123