Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goodes going to South Africa in Feb

Personally with it being Goodes I don't have a problem with this trip. If it was others I may be more concerned. I don' doubt his lack of commitment, and I would never expect anything more of him than I would expect of myself. I think both Adam and the South African youngsters will benefit from this experience.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

On the Rookie List
    It is the maturity and level headedness of the player to undertake such an exercise that must be stressed. Certain "immature" players may not be able to keep up to the standards required, but Goodes does not seem to give any indication that he would require constant supervision. How would you feel if your "employers" gave you a couple of weeks off the rigours of office/factory work with a two week new and exciting assignment? An assignment close to your heart! - I myself would appreciate it and want to prove to my "employers" that their decision was correct and their faith in me was warranted - So will Goodes from what I have seen of him.

On the Rookie List
    this might be a naive question, but will 2 weeks away really harm his preparation that much?

doubt it if he trains while there.
    Ar aghaidh chun bua 2007!

which i'm sure he will.

Originally posted by Charlie
    There is nothing contradictory between those two posts. Perhaps the part of my post that you elected not to quote was inconvenient for you.
    Charlie, you have said to others in the past not to be so defensive. Perhaps its time you took some of your own advice.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Originally posted by katie-scarlett
    this might be a naive question, but will 2 weeks away really harm his preparation that much?
    Of course it wont - and being the athelete he is, he will no doubt keep up some kind of training regime.

At the end of the day I think that most people would be supportive as its for a good cause.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Didn't Goodesy play with the Aboriginal All stars in 2003? He said afterwards that the experience inspired him to become a better player and a better role model to the Aboriginal community.

Perhaps this trip is aimed to inspire him again as we all know what his reward was at the end of 2003.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

On the Rookie List
    Inspired or not, at the end of the day if the club has given him permission, it has obviously been thought over well so meh- go on Goodesy, have a lovely trip.

Gee I wonder if the Goodes will have the opportunity to do some drills with the indigenous team while they're away. Ah no, that's right, they are all "naturally gifted" and "magical" so they don't have to train, I forgot.

I'm SO over the swans! swan_song's Avatar
    Charlie, I'm not worried...after all, when have the Swannies taken anything to do with the pre-season seriously... (PS: I'm glad I did't follow them to LA). I'd be worried , however, if he were leading the kids there in August or September!!!

Mmmmm...it's only a few weeks till we meet the scumbag bummers at NS...I feel the hate cells beginning to stir in the blood, after their four month layoff. Yes, I remember it now, it's all coming back...I LOVE footy ....and to think, when having a clearout the other week, I almost threw out the Matthew Lloyd diving score cards...
    Last edited by swan_song; 20th January 2006 at 01:03 PM.
    "Davis...Davis has kicked 2...he snaps from 40...dont tell me, dont tell me, hes kicked a goal....unbelievable stuff from Nick Davis, can you believe this, he's kicked 3 final quarter goals and Swans are within 3 points..."

Originally posted by Sanecow
    Gee I wonder if the Goodes will have the opportunity to do some drills with the indigenous team while they're away. Ah no, that's right, they are all "naturally gifted" and "magical" so they don't have to train, I forgot.
    right back at you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123