Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is going to the Swans dinner on Thursday night?

aka Mr Taxman

Who is going to the Swans dinner on Thursday night?

Just wanted to meet up with a few RWOers at Thursday night's dinner in Wollongong for the Swans www.wlions.com.au

Any of ye coming along to it?

BBBH, Tadgh, Leaping Leo, Roosy & Captain Kirk are going to be interviewed on stage - get those questions ready as they will be asking the audience.

FOr those not going, is there any questions that ye want asked?
    See me run a marathon again as a leprechaun?
    Donations

OldE
    A couple of dear RWO friends and I will be there with bells on. It will be part birthday celebration, part happy end-of-off-season. We're looking forward to it.

On the Rookie List LittleSchneider's Avatar
    im going - yeehhaa - so excited.
    And the man who started it, the Schneiderman, can kick his third for the quarter. And the swans are in the Grand Final!

I'm going - someone has to keep an eye on Erin, Tuesday & Littleschneider!!! so I'm the nanna of the group.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

I guess that means I am going, then.

PS: Wardy -- you're far too young to be Nanna! Aunty Wardy is a far better title, and this it shall be.
    And you can't find nothing at all,
    If there was nothing there all along.

Sounds like a great event! And a fun bunch of folks to go with. I linger in San Francisco jealously ... maybe next year!

On the Rookie List
    aaaall the way down the Gong?
    nah

aka Mr Taxman
    Whilst it was a good night overall & thank you to the Wollongong AFC for hosting it, I must admit that there was a sense of disappointment when the Swans were "relieved" of their duties at 9.30pm, only halfway through the function.

Of greater disappointment was the majority rushing to the front doors right on 9.30pm which obviously showed that they just didn't want to be there.

I have been to many a sporting function where they were held in honour of a team & I must say that the Swans are the ones that have bonded the least. The Australian cricket team would have to be amongst the best & down-to-earth. Put simply, it seemed that the Swans were a "bit up themselves".

I thought the players would have dressed up in their business attire (rather than polo shirts) like the other sporting teams seem to do where some tickets were $200 but that is just my expectation.

Also disappointing is the way that the female supporters seem to continuously think that Tadgh or another Swnas player will appreciate their swooning over them & ask them out. More disappointing is when they have too much to drink & fall asleep at the table & knock over drinks.

I felt sorry for Nic Fosdike with the idiot he had to put up with at dinner but the Lions officials handled the situation very well I thought.
    See me run a marathon again as a leprechaun?
    Donations

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Originally posted by Rafters

I felt sorry for Nic Fosdike with the idiot he had to put up with at dinner but the Lions officials handled the situation very well I thought.
    I Didn't know Cressakel was there.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

I hope it wasn't Wardy asleep in the slops!!!!
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

On the Rookie List LittleSchneider's Avatar
    It was a GREAT night for me

The players were really tired - they had been up at 5.30 that morning for training and then each visited 5 different schools and then went to the dinner so they were tired.

I was on the table in front of Fosdikes and man that guy wouldnt stop talking to Tuesday and I and wouldnt shut up!! And he was a bloody bombers fan to top it off!

Alas - many stories could be told but I cant - what happens on tour stays on tour!!

Training the next day was good too - i could go on buts only the usual stuff so you guys pretty much get the picture.
    And the man who started it, the Schneiderman, can kick his third for the quarter. And the swans are in the Grand Final!

Originally posted by satchmopugdog
    I hope it wasn't Wardy asleep in the slops!!!!
    nup it wasnt me - and I can say that none of the girls on our table asked any of the players out. Now as for some of the local chaps - thats another story altogether, they were very up front in wanting to take us out to some place called Rusty's - we all politely declined and made a hasty exit. Basically Nanna (Me) made the executive decision that we should leave and not get ourselves into too much trouble in the "Gong".
    But over all a good night - You could tell that the players were just a little bit "over it" and also they had to keep the impending news story of Tadgh dacking LRT to themselves. And have to admit - you get to a point where no one on the table has anything in common with a player and you can only ask so many questions before that "strained silence" starts - thank god for the main course and the bloke conducting the interviews (even if he got all of his info on the team word for word off the internet)
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast