Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cousins could lose Eagles Captaincy.

[i]Have there been any previous AFL captains sent to jail?? (because if he doesn't change his ways, Cousins could be heading that way ...!) [/B]
    Not certain, I was only in primary school at the time, but I seem to remember that big Nichols got into strife in the 60's. Can anyone confirm?
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Personally, my view is that he should face the consequences of his action in court, not in the West Coast boardroom.

Unfortunately he will likely lose the captaincy with this gien as part of the reason.

I would think that Judd would have had it this year anyway - strike while the iron's hot....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Originally posted by katie-scarlett
    He stepped down this afternoon.
    I think there was a press conference at 4.
    Jumped before he was pushed.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

He and Craig Gower could write a book together

How to Lose the Captaincy Without Really Trying

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

It's already having an effect. The people on Eaglesflyinghigh.com are practically tearing each other apart.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

double vodka lemon pls
    ok....who thinks the eagles will now do well this year...this will have the club is tears for a few months I would say, and alkso their supporters seeing they all love cousins
    you know what they say, dirty pants- clean botty

Originally posted by Old Royboy
    Not certain, I was only in primary school at the time, but I seem to remember that big Nichols got into strife in the 60's. Can anyone confirm?
    He was in jail for embezzlement, but it was before he was captain I think, and it wasn't for very long. I believe that none other than Sir Robert Gordon Menzies interceded on his behalf.
    We hate Anthony Rocca
    We hate Shannon Grant too
    We hate scumbag Gaspar
    But Leo WE LOVE YOU!

And so started that fine Blues tradition of scallwags at the helm - Nicholls, Harris, Elliott. Perhaps Cuz can head off to boozeland/bluesland?

A Blood to the bootstraps The Boot's Avatar
    20 minutes walk to my seat on O'Reilly wing.
    Interesting to read that he & Gardiner were warned off associating "with known criminals" some time ago.

It begs the question - can life be that dull that one needs to inject elements of risk taking of these magnitudes ... with the consequent repercussions?

Clearly Eagles management took the only line avaialble to them. To come down hard and come down fast.

Now, the next question will be - how has this affetced their tilt towards the 2006 flag?

Good men do good deeds. Evil men do evil deeds. But it takes religion for a good man to do evil deeds.

If Cuz gets weekend release they might have a show. He gives the impression of being an arrogent llittle twat . Privileged kid blessed with great football talent and the moral strength of sam newman. Unlikely to get any better

Waiting for the call!
    Originally posted by woo
    ok....who thinks the eagles will now do well this year...this will have the club is tears for a few months I would say, and alkso their supporters seeing they all love cousins
    I don't think it will have much of an impact on their season - certainly nowhere near as damaging as if it had happened mid-season. This way they get to start the season with a 'clean' slate, new captain etc. And besides, once Rd 1 gets going it will probably all be forgotten anyway.

Let's just hop that it doesn't prompt Cousins to play out of his skin to show remorse and gain some kind of redemption!

Blog Entries
    Turned up at a restaurant, with no shirt and dripping wet, the same night.

Lucky he doesn't play for Geelong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast