Thread: We lost

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Originally posted by liz
    One thing that stood out with the newbies is how many of them look the same - a whole troop of blond moptops, some of them badly in need of a hair cut. It made it a bit hard to tell who was who at times, but Thornton was probably the pick of them.

Other positives:

Paul Currie appears a mature, seasoned player for someone who has only just reached 19.

Jonathan Simpkin, although still rather green, will be one of those hard-working, quiet, under-the-radar-type players.

LRT --> marking machine.

Jarrod Moore was fit and fearless, and managed a handful of smothers. A crowd pleaser.

Matthew Laidlaw was impressive and certainly looks the goods already.

Kieran Jack - one hell of a tough nut, just like his old man. I enjoy watching the converted play as they bring something different to the game. His tackling last night was inspired.

Ed Barlow featured a few times, though he needs to bulk up in order to hold his own. Nevertheless, promising to watch.

And I would like to see more of Vogels in the back line. When he was switched to Lloyd, he seemed more comfortable somehow. Great spoils, too.

All in all, I was proud of the way they played. None of them seemed overwhelmed at all and they certainly gave the Bombers a run for their money.
    Last edited by Tuesday; 18th February 2006 at 06:03 PM.
    And you can't find nothing at all,
    If there was nothing there all along.