Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: We lost

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    assuming Richards is indeed as good during the season as has been suggested here based on a single game
    Good point Bloods, one pre-pre-season 15 aside game does not a season make, but I was pleasantly surpised at SuperTed's capabilities.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Not to repeat too much from what others have written about friday night.

I was very excited about SuperTed and LRT. I was particularly impressed with Simon Phillips.

I was walking past the food stand and saw a fat guy in a Bombers jumper stuffing his face. "Gday Deano, good to see you back this year!" he was too busy eating to reply.

Gary Jack, Kieran's father was in the crowd not far away from me as well.

No one mentioned the 160cm Japanese player the bombers unveiled. Very lively and sheedy should have given him more time.

Lloyd didn't seem to bother too much with the 30 second rule. I hope it's enforced properly during the season.

$6.00 for a steak sandwich and $5 for a sausage sandwich. I'll remember to eat before the came next time or at least bring my own food.

Chambers went off early in the third quarter with a knee injury and Dr gibbs seemed quite concerned for a while as he tested his knee. Fortunately it wasn't anything serious. After all, Jolly was pretty quiet in the first few rounds last year.

I still can't understand why those dill brain bombers let superTed go. Their loss, our gain.

If you were a bomber fan you would be worried after last friday nights effort.

I suppose we'll get another chance next weekend to watch the rookies play. I was impressed with all of them.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by Bas

I still can't understand why those dill brain bombers let superTed go. Their loss, our gain.

You should try popping over to Bombertalk or Bomberland or whatever they call it nowadays. There you will be informed that either Teddy is complete rubbish or that he is decent but had absolutely no chance of fitting into the Bombers star-packed forward line, and has done himself a favour by moving to a club with a far inferior forward set-up.

Oh, and Courtney Dempsey is definitely, 100%, no question going to be 10 times the player that Richards will ever be.

There is the odd voice suggesting that he will be missed, but these are generally shouted down.

To be fair (if I must) supporters of most clubs are the same when they lose a player to another club, even a fringe player. But then again, it's been so long since the Swans lost a player they really wanted to keep that it becomes hard to anticipate how we'd react.

Warming the Bench
    IMHO Richards and Vogels looked more "keener" when they were forward. I think that Richards problem at SNDON is that they tried to make him into a defender - something I don't think he is

a la Saddington
    September 24th, 2005 5.14pm
    What a great moment in all of our lives

On the Rookie List Ryan Bomford's Avatar
    So SuperTed took three strong contested marks in a single game and that's a good thing.

Not something we can get particularly excited about just yet, but upon reflection, it was a performance that it took other key forward prospects, like Scott Stevens, three years to do.

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by Ryan Bomford

Not something we can get particularly excited about just yet, but upon reflection, it was a performance that it took other key forward prospects, like Scott Stevens, three years to do.
    Hang on, encouraging as Richards' performance was, it's not fair to compare it to Stevens' early performances. Richards is a year or so older than Stevens was when he made his debut and has already played 30 odd games at senior level. Case of apples and oranges.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Originally posted by liz
    Hang on, encouraging as Richards' performance was, it's not fair to compare it to Stevens' early performances. Richards is a year or so older than Stevens was when he made his debut and has already played 30 odd games at senior level. Case of apples and oranges.
    Still Scotty Stevens gives me the shivers * shudder* Poor bloke is wasting away at the Crows ready to be delisted at the end of the year.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Jeffers1984
    Good point.

This is how i would like to see our forward line this year.

FF: Schneider O'Loughlin Davis/Goodes
    HF: ROK Hall Superted.

I just love the idea of having ROK and Ted leading on the flanks and delivering into our dangerous forward line.

Davis will be rotating with Goodes on the wing and alternating in the forward line.
    Hello,hello,hello Davis and Goodes now on the wing. People on this site seem to has a love affair with "the wing", a position that only exists at the centre bounce.

I reckon more than half the side according to some will be on "the wing". With about 7 Swans players on each wing at any one time, Roosey's RWO game plan is sure to confuse the other 15 sides. It will be called "the wing flood". Wallsey's eyes will be rolling around on On the Couch.

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by Jeffers1984
    Still Scotty Stevens gives me the shivers * shudder* Poor bloke is wasting away at the Crows ready to be delisted at the end of the year.
    I reckon he'll be a pretty decent player at WAFL level. His problems are he's still skinny plus he's very slow. At AFL level you might be able to compensate for one of these if you have a couple of other compelling attributes, but the combination of the two is a big problem.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by stellation
    I'd like to see an extra marking option to go with O'Loughlin in the F50 at most times. Davis is an excellent mark and is (I think) extremely quick on the lead, but he needs to get the ball delivered in to him well; that is something our midfield seem to struggle with... unless Davis is in the midfield, he could probably hit himself on a lead... If anything I'd like to see Richards or Doyle rotating through the FP with Goodes, if Davis goes there for a rest then I'd rather not see Schneider down there (Davis and O'Loughlin can both crumb perfectly well).
    Hey Stellation, your fog index is at bursting point.

By the way we didn't do a bad job last season on delivery from the midfield. As a matter of fact we did so well we WON THE FLAG.
    Hasn't anyone told you yet, you poor soul.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by stellation
    I'm fine with O'Loughlin playing pocket, but you know that Roos would name him FF
    Micky's lining up on the wing with rest of his mates.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Nico
    Hey Stellation, your fog index is at bursting point.

By the way we didn't do a bad job last season on delivery from the midfield. As a matter of fact we did so well we WON THE FLAG.
    Hasn't anyone told you yet, you poor soul.
    I'm not sure that we won the flag because of the delivery provided to our forwards by our midfield.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast