Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: LRT at the Gabba

On the Rookie List
    Recruiting in KL - for the next Adam Goodes
    Originally posted by Ruckman
    With the ball he can be indecisive, his decision making suggests he is prone to panic, his kicking lacks precision, sometimes he appears not to know the rules, he looks ungainly, with arms flailing about and a somewhat ungainly run. Sometimes he falls over for no apparent reason . . . . . . . and yet . . . . . . . . and yet his effectiveness grows. It's a mystery, but a pleasant one.
    Now it makes sense, the bloke he's playing on can't concentrate between fits of giggles and laughter.
    Looking out for good omens which can bring the Swans the 2007 premiership

My kids had chicken pox and they were all red and white, that's one

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    I thought handballing to a player under pressure at least twice wasn't too far behind.
    I thought his contribution to Stafford's goal was outstanding.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by S.U.D
    Now it makes sense, the bloke he's playing on can't concentrate between fits of giggles and laughter.
    That's what I told a Tiger friend - Richo isn't too stable psychologically speaking and I thought that trying to work out what LRT was trying to do would do his head in.

LRT is a simple lad. Roos says "whenever the ball is cming to Richo, punch it away, preferably over the sideline" and he'll do it all game - and perfectly (especially when you consider the skill and reputation of his opponent). But say "when you get the ball, find a Swan in the clear and likely to stay there and kick it to him" is just too much of a task.

However, as Leo has been in the past, LRT with all his faults is quickly growing into a likely MVP. Take Brown, Tredrea, Richo, etc out of the equation and the chances of winning rise dramatically. He's not ready for the thinking player (Pavlich, Roo) but he's doing pretty well at negating other teams' goal kicking machines. Our win against the Lions, for example, wouldn't have looked as good if Brown kicked as many on us as he did this past weekend.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I think his disposal is improving. On more than one occasion his handball got things moving our way and his kicking has improved significantly. Clangers? Certainly - and he's far from the only one. Drop him? No way - a superb job on Brown, or do we say Brown improved amazingly in a week? And a solid job on Richo - holding him to a couple is a valuable contribution. At last we can take Leo off the gorillas and probably reduce his FAs.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

On the wing
    Brown is hopeless this year. From someone touted (and overrated) as the best CHF in the game, he wouldn't make the top 50 players in the comp now.
    Jonathon Brown - 8 goals versus Hawthorn. Egg.......face?

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Nolie
    He plays well with no decent opponent.

No. Up to that stage he wasn't doing particularly well. Let's also not forget he was playing on Joel Smith, who's about half his size.

So you're wrong! But nice try... :re:
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

No. Up to that stage he wasn't doing particularly well. Let's also not forget he was playing on Joel Smith, who's about half his size.

So you're wrong! But nice try... :re:
    At least Zac Dawson didn't have to feel the pain... again!
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Browns his goal tally this year has been 0, 3, 2, 2, 2, 0, 4. and his marks 5, 17, 9, 11, 12, 5, 16. So his two poor games were opposed to Scarlet and . . . . . . . . . LRT.

Joel Smith is not so poor a defender for all his size, I recall him taking on and beating Barry Hall in Sydney (I think it was at Olympic Park).

Somewhere on one of the recent LRT threads I referred to the mystical/mysterious nature of his effectiveness.
    I think it's a bit like flying. I personally don't really understand how it is that aeroplanes appear to defy gravity, but I'm glad they do (especially when I'm on board).
    To take the metaphor a step further I think it would be a mistake to keep pointing out that AirLRT can't possible be doing what he's doing, because it just might mean he stops.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Originally posted by ugg
    Should now be known as Mr 1%-ter
    Also Goodes and Bolton, all in front of Brett Kirk and Jared Crouch who were our previous exemplars.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345