Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swans 25 year black tie dinner postponed till next year

Upsetting!!!! I was flying back especially from Italy. Look at the good side ...I can now come back overland on my new Vespa.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Originally posted by BonBon
    If I was turning 25, I would celebrate the year I turned 25, not the year after meaning I was 25 years old.
    Don't you celebrate at the end of the year? For exemple you celebrate turning 25 at the end of your 25th year, not at the start.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Originally posted by satchmopugdog
    I can now come back overland on my new Vespa.
    Bloods will be jealous.

Living in 2005
    Think this is probably just a matter of poor ticket sales or something, so the decision was made to celebrate the 25th birthday as opposed to the 25th season.

Originally posted by goswannie14
    Don't you celebrate at the end of the year? For exemple you celebrate turning 25 at the end of your 25th year, not at the start.
    Maths and Logic are not part of Bon's repertoire!

Originally posted by Damien
    Think this is probably just a matter of poor ticket sales or something, so the decision was made to celebrate the 25th birthday as opposed to the 25th season.
    My dad said the same thing. People probably bought tickets to other functions and couldn't afford to pay 200$ or 250$ for a Ball ticket (which is expensive, but people from Sydney and Melbourne were willing to pay that much!)

Also take into account that not all men own Dinner suits so would have to hire (around $100) or buy one. Added to that transport to get too and from - becuase if you paid $250.00 to go - there is now way you are driving home - so add say another $50 to $100 depending on where you lived. The cab fare we had from the B & F dropping BamBam & Max Factor along the way was $120

Also the cost of the killer frock is anyones guess.

But Also why on earth would you put a function like that on a Thursday night - and still charge $250.00? Costs to have functions like that mid week are far cheaper than on a Friday and Saturday night - so unless we were all going to be served Caviar, Lobster and lashings of Bolly and we take home some amazing momento (rather than the golf ball we got at the B & F) then $250 is an insane price.

Is it any wonder that the numbers were small.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123