Folks, Rod Craig has asked me to post this, any queries please contact Rod on his email address. Presidents/coaches if you could put it on your respective clubs websites we would be very grateful.

To all Presidents and Coaches of the Sydney AFL,

Hi my name is Rodney Craig and I?m writing this letter to all the AFL clubs in the Sydney competition with regards to their indigenous players, and their interest in representing NSW/ACT in this years Charles Perkins National Football Championship Carnival.

The carnival is usually run in early October over three days and consists of the following states: NSW/ACT, South Australia, Victoria, West Australia, Top End and Central Australia. The carnival comprises of quality footballers and has featured such players as Darryl White, Ricky O?Loughlin, Aaron Davey, Alan Murray and Andrew Lovett just to name a couple.

There is also a netball carnival played by the girls from each of the states and a major function is held on the last night of the carnival where an All Australian side is named for both sports and a Best and Fairest chosen from each side.

I myself am have played and captained the NSW/ACT side in 2002, ?04 & ?05 and can vouch that this is a fantastic experience and an excellent chance to meet our brothers and sisters from all over and celebrate our culture and sporting talents.

In the past NSW/ACT, has not done so well result wise at the carnival and our last win was against WA in 2002 at Melbourne (Vic Park), this is why I am super keen to get out an expression of interest as soon as possible so that we can put together the strongest possible squad to really give it a shake in 2006.

For more information about the results and All Australian squads from previous carnivals you can check out the following website aboriginalfootball.com.au and go to the results/stats link then click on Charles Perkins National Football Championship Carnival.

Any questions you have that you think I might be able to answer you can email me on [email protected] or reach me at the St George Footy club and I?ll do my best to get the information to you.

I haven?t received the exact dates of the carnival yet but will know very shortly. So pleases read this letter and get it around your club?s notice boards. Thankyou all very much for your time and I look forward some feedback.
ROD CRAIG