Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 91.43%
  • No

3 8.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Swans Fan

I personally think you should be allowed to be buried or creamated with anything that meant a great deal too you (apart from taking the living members of your family with you of course ) We had my Dad spruced up in his tux (James Bond Style) and lodge regalia - he looked fabulous, we gave him $5.00 to take with him so as he could buy a beer , little bottle of Chivas Regal for those cold nights - and a photo of the family - and that is what he wanted (he told us about 3 days before he died) but they wouldnt let him be creamated with his false teeth - perhaps there is a false teeth recycling centre that they end up at.
    Last edited by Wardy; 1st August 2006 at 08:45 AM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

On the Rookie List swansrock4eva's Avatar
    I'd be rather cranky (well you know what I mean) if I couldn't have all my Swans gear at my funeral. Having said that, I've paid for all my stuff, therefore I've paid the license fee, so why should they pay another one to use MY stuff?

On the Rookie List
    I think its referring to the logo being painted or engraved/embossed onto the coffin?

Originally posted by Missy
    I think its referring to the logo being painted or engraved/embossed onto the coffin?
    I think you are right - however when it is all said and done it would only be on display (for want of a better term) at the funeral which normally go for about an hour - the coffin will either be cremated or buried never to be seen again - If the AFL get narky about that - they have then lost the plot (no pun intended there)

On the Rookie List
    Perhaps the AFL think it's a dying business
    I've said that I want to be cremated to "disco inferno" and my ashes to be put in a replica of the GF trophy.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Swans regalia would be fine, but fancy passing out as a Demon...
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Originally posted by Missy
    Quite right. The AFL (quite rightly) do not wish to see funeral directors financially benefitting from the logo usage. After all, funeral directors will increase their prices for coffins with club logo's on them. There will be nothing stopping a family member attaching a club logo on the coffin once it has been purchased. By selling coffins with club logos on them would be in breach of copyright.

Originally posted by Chow-Chicker
    Quite right. The AFL (quite rightly) do not wish to see funeral directors financially benefitting from the logo usage. After all, funeral directors will increase their prices for coffins with club logo's on them. There will be nothing stopping a family member attaching a club logo on the coffin once it has been purchased. By selling coffins with club logos on them would be in breach of copyright.
    I believe it would be a trademark violation rather than a copyright violation.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Sanecow
    I'll nominate whatever I damn well please for inclusion in my coffin. So far, I nominate a framed photo of Leo's mark, a six pack of VB, a fat joint, a copy of Otis Redding's Live in Europe on permanent loop built into the coffin, the phone number of this bird who let me do at least three illegal things to her and a copy of Hunter S Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Originally posted by i'm-uninformed2
    I'll nominate whatever I damn well please for inclusion in my coffin. So far, I nominate a framed photo of Leo's mark, a six pack of VB, a fat joint, a copy of Otis Redding's Live in Europe on permanent loop built into the coffin, the phone number of this bird who let me do at least three illegal things to her and a copy of Hunter S Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
    can you be a bit more specific?

And way to miss the point.

Originally posted by Sanecow
    Yep, that's more accurate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast