Thread: Congratulations Jets & Bats - 1st & 2nd Divs Grand Finals

Almost Football Legend

Congratulations Jets & Bats - 1st & 2nd Divs Grand Finals

As the title thread indicates, this thread is to congratulate the 1st & 2nd Division premiers.
    Firstly to NorWest Jets, particularly to RWO's Pekay as playing coach, congratulations on an undefeated season. Good to see the way your club has bounced back from nearly going under a couple of years ago. The Jets didn't have everything their own way and the Bulldogs were more than competitive, but goals when it mattered got them home by 16 points. Hopefully they'll be able to return to First Division next season.
    Final scores NorWest Jets 8.9 (57) d UNSW-ES Bulldogs 6.5 (41).

Unfortunately I had to go at half-time in the reserves grand final (non-football reasons), and missed the rest of the day, but in that one UTS took the flag. Final scores UTS 9.12 (66) d Sydney Uni 5.6 (36).

The seniors grand final must have been a boilover - UTS took the game by 26 points, the first game Sydney Uni have lost all season. Well done to the Bats - it's not easy to take on an undefeated side in a final and not be over-awed by the occasion, but they did it well. And commisserations to Sydney Uni - they're probably hurting like anything tonight, but they've been a great team this year and today's result doesn't change that.
    Final scores UTS 9.12 (66) d Sydney Uni 6.4 (40).

It was really hot out there today, but a good crowd was there - well done to everyone from any club involved. As Pekay said during his presentation speech, there's more to Sydney football than Premier Division - that's something we've never forgotten at RWO and healthy competitions at those levels is important for the overall health of the game.
    Congratulations NorWest Jets & UTS Bats.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Nice one, Jets

Next year I'll come out to more games, honest!!!

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

I must say thank you to those who have given me and my club plenty of support over the past 2 years,its been tough on us all but for now,we cant wait to get back to Div 1 in 07,all the old faces,the red hot rivalries,its got it all.Thanks Norris for the kind words.Also,thanks must go to UNSW/ES,for as soon as the Jets n Dogs towelled off after a tough GF,we all stuck around after the game to have a small presentation to each teams best player and every player that competed shared a beer or 2 and a tale from the game that was played.All part of the great big Sydney Footy Family.

Yes Pekay, it was a good way to end the GF. I must say that after playing you blokes the first time this year, I wasn't too impressed with the on field demenour, but after the Final and GF I changed my mind. Congratulations on your win also.