Thread: Keep John Longmire

Lightbulb Keep John Longmire

I think we should let him know that he should stay and take over from Roos when he goes off to climb his spiritual mountain.

Regular in the Side
    I doubt we can make a promise of what might happen 3 years into the future.

Who knows who might be available to coach then?...Cressa, Maxfield to name a couple just from our ex-player list. And who knows how respected guys like Ross Lyon are at the club?

And who's to say Roosey wont coach longer?...if he gets attached to some of the next generation the way he obviously is to Leo, Barry and Kirky

The reality is that coaching gigs dont come up that often, so if Longmire (or Lyons) get the nod at StKilda he would be silly to say No

The best candidate at the time should be chosen and not necessarily past players.

Does Cresswell have any credibility as a coach thus far? The only thing I've noticed is his heavy tagging in motel rooms!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Regular in the Side
    i wasnt suggesting for a minute that our next coach had to be an ex-player...just suggesting that you cant make a promise to a guy (Longmire) that he can have the job in 3 years time...you dont know who would put their hand up...but obviously ex players like Cressa and Maxfield may put themselves in the running at some stage... personal situations aside for both of them.

It could just as easily be one of the other coaches...Lyons, Jonas and now Blakey...perhaps Steve Malexos may come back

Or one of the other guys coaching an AFL team whose turn it is to hop on and off the coaches merry-go-round