Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Great Laurie Nash

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Just unearthed this little Gem on Wikipedia....

Nash's great sporting success can be partly contributed to his self-confidence (when once asked who was the greatest footballer he had ever seen, Nash replied: "I see him in the mirror every morning when I shave"), Nash was a superbly fit athlete who never smoked or drank and dedicated himself to a punishing exercise regime, something rare in 1930s sports circles.
    Here's the link..... Laurie Nash - Wickipedia

A lot of talk about how he was stiffed by the Australian cricket selectors..... Interesting read nonetheless

Originally posted by giant
    Any reason why he played so few games for SMFC? That's only about 5 seasons' worth.
    A number of seasons with Camberwell and then WWII.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    A number of seasons with Camberwell and then WWII.
    Not only that, but VFL players were offered large sums of money to play VFA, interstate or in the country back in those days (ie. 1930-60). Some of the best footballers in the VFL at the time ended up leaving at their peak to play VFA (Ron Todd, Laurie Nash etc) or interstate (Hayden Bunton etc).
    Well somebody told me, You had a boyfriend, Who looks like a girlfriend,That I had in February of last year, It's not confidential, I've got potential

Somebody told me, The Killers, Hot Fuss, 2004.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Originally posted by cressakel
    Not only that, but VFL players were offered large sums of money to play VFA, interstate or in the country back in those days (ie. 1930-60). Some of the best footballers in the VFL at the time ended up leaving at their peak to play VFA (Ron Todd, Laurie Nash etc) or interstate (Hayden Bunton etc).
    Check out the Wickipedia link above... It will answer most quaestions..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123