Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blues Are Back!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Blues Are Back!!

Originally posted by Northern_Swan
    [OFF TOPIC]
    Heheheee...My Mrs flew to Guernsey for work yesterday. When she arrived back, she told me of the sports store in the main street....

You guessed it...

GUERNSEY JERSEYS

(and for those of you who didn't know...Jersey is a neighbouring island)

[/OFF TOPIC]
    Perfect.......I knw someone out there got schooled on whats what....what do the Guernsey jerseys look like?Serious?

Since when have we ever played footy in a jersey, or a guernsey for that matter? It's a jumper (ie. footy jumper).

Maybe that's the Victorian coming out in me?

I thought all terms guernsey, jersey and jumper were all interchangable.

Or the alternative someone else suggested to me is that Guernsey is South Australian like reading the field positions from the Forward line down or the checkside punt.

Jersey is from NSW and Jumper is Victorian...

Originally posted by Steiger
    I thought all terms guernsey, jersey and jumper were all interchangable.

Or the alternative someone else suggested to me is that Guernsey is South Australian like reading the field positions from the Forward line down or the checkside punt.

Jersey is from NSW and Jumper is Victorian...
    I had the pleasure of being coached by one of WAs favourite sons, Roy Arbon(father of former East Coast player Matt)and the amount of times i ws corrected by him and his wife was unfathomable, they even went as far as printing out the Dictionary meaning of both words in "the Bombers View" newsletter.Prob a WA thing i guess, but always different to RL and their sleeved variety.

Senior Player
    Stieger mayber Im old school but we used to refer to our jumper as a guernsey when I was a kid living in Melbourne.

Veterans List
    It was always your footy jumper in Perth - can't remember anyone but the commentators talking about "guernseys".

Almost Football Legend
    I always thought a guernsey didn't have sleeves but a jersey did. So when playing footy, one wore a guernsey.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by The Rooster
    young kanga i pose yet another question to you or maybe some advice......... stop worrying about the off field happenings out there and campbelltown and start getting fit and getting your on field things right...... surely instead of typing this sort of stuff you could be out on a 5 km run..... just my opinion from an outsider looking in.......
    my apologies rooster for bringing up a relevant topic, one in which doesnt give u the oppotunity to kiss ur own ass!!
    Last edited by YoungKanga; 15th February 2007 at 09:09 PM.
    Come On Boys Make A Noise...

Originally posted by The Rooster
    young kanga i pose yet another question to you or maybe some advice......... stop worrying about the off field happenings out there and campbelltown and start getting fit and getting your on field things right...... surely instead of typing this sort of stuff you could be out on a 5 km run..... just my opinion from an outsider looking in.......
    Don't worry about what's happening out here Rooster, they will all be fit and firing come round 1.

Who do you support anyway and have you ever played the game?
    On The Trail

Originally posted by Pekay
    I had the pleasure of being coached by one of WAs favourite sons, Roy Arbon(father of former East Coast player Matt)and the amount of times i ws corrected by him and his wife was unfathomable, they even went as far as printing out the Dictionary meaning of both words in "the Bombers View" newsletter.Prob a WA thing i guess, but always different to RL and their sleeved variety.
    Do you know if Matty Arbon is playing again this year?

Sorry Oscar just checking mate.
    On The Trail

Originally posted by KangaCoach

No probs ... pleased to say that Matt is back bigger than ever. In enthusiasm and size. Body strength that is, not weight!
    www.eastcoasteagles.com.au

Originally posted by KangaCoach

have spoken to Matt a few times,work is heavy load.Would love him in the colours he started in.Oscar, i have made contact with Graham and will return his call tonight,been pretty flat out here since nov.hope all is well.you too Kanga

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast