Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Boo Boo at Optus Oval Today.

Originally posted by floppinab
    Hmmmm, wasn't there some posts about doing something similar at Footy Park in Adelaide for the Port game.
    Maybe it is being done by the club.
    yes i contacted the club about this and they said they would fix it at AAMI... obviously didn't check the other grounds which i asked them to do

let's all contact the club to ensure the proper club song (the traditional one that is currently played at the SCG by the fable singers - not the shocker recorded in the 90s that has incorrect wording) is played at ALL grounds around Aus BEFORE and (hopefully) after the game

'Up There...' goes down like the proverbial lead balloon
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by desredandwhite
    AT least it's not as bad as one of the North Melb home games in Sydney when they played the dance remix of cheer cheer!!

Now THEM's was some horrible times.
    But what about "Dare to be a Bear", which we all sung at the Ansett Cup when Brizzie won?!

Or even worse, when Australian played Israel in soccer back in the early 90s. The song they played over the tannoy....(wait for it)................................. "Deutschland Deutschland ueber alles")

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Originally posted by floppinab
    Hmmmm, wasn't there some posts about doing something similar at Footy Park in Adelaide for the Port game.
    Maybe it is being done by the club.
    Will somebody be contacting the Crows/SANFL/Aami Stadium trust to ensure we get the right version in a couple of weeks?

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"

On the Rookie List
    You would think that because the AFL is very professional now that these type of things wouldn't happen. Unfortunately they still do. Maybe what all the clubs could do is send a tape of the song that they wish to be played everywhere to every single ground. Also, I wonder how the ground played "Deutschland Deutschland etc." for a Australia and Israel game?

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    Will somebody be contacting the Crows/SANFL/Aami Stadium trust to ensure we get the right version in a couple of weeks?

JF
    done - see my previous post
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

On the Rookie List swansrock4eva's Avatar
    Originally posted by Charlie
    Trust me... I agree absolutely. As SR4E can testify... I was not a happy customer at all during the fourth quarter!!!
    Damn straight Charlie! I don't think i've seen a more impressive dummy spit in Sydney in the last 10 years, and that's saying something!

Originally posted by swansrock4eva
    Damn straight Charlie! I don't think i've seen a more impressive dummy spit in Sydney in the last 10 years, and that's saying something!
    Charlie, it was bloody ordinary mate. Refusing to cheer, not singing the club song, moping and whinging throughout the last quarter.

Remember mate, these were the games we LOSING last year.

JF

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    Charlie, it was bloody ordinary mate. Refusing to cheer, not singing the club song, moping and whinging throughout the last quarter.

Remember mate, these were the games we LOSING last year.

JF
    I'm happier with the win now. But I'm not going to be ashamed that I was angry at them for blowing a perfectly good chance to thrash a side. It shouldn't have happened, and I DON'T cheer and clap when I'm dissappointed with them. You don't like it? Fine. That's just the way I am. If I'm not in the mood to cheer them... I won't do it.

Sure, it's still an improvement on last year... but I saw worrying signs on Saturday that this club could limp into the finals once again, and be blasted out. I don't want that to happen. I'm not expecting a premiership... but I want to see at least an honest account of ourselves... and an appearance in the second/third weeks of the finals would be that.
    We hate Anthony Rocca
    We hate Shannon Grant too
    We hate scumbag Gaspar
    But Leo WE LOVE YOU!

BLT Razzle Dazzle
    Don't forget the time that Brisbane ran out onto the SCG to We Are The Navy Blues.

On the Rookie List swansrock4eva's Avatar
    and hello? what abt when the saints ended our 20+ game winning streak at the SCG and in all their jubilation, had to walk off to "cheer cheer the red and the white"!

Football Terrorist

Re: Big Boo Boo at Optus Oval Today.

Originally posted by Cheer Cheer
    RE - The theme song they play in melbourne when they run out on the ground through the banner -

They usually play Cheer Cheer the Red And The White.

Today they played Up There Cazaly!!

We havent heard that in Melbourne for many many years IIRC.

I thought that song is dead an buried!?

Do they still play that song in Sydney folks??

NOT HAPPY JAN!
    I noticed that too. But at the end they got it right.
    The Destructive Dan Experience - Featuring Teal.
    Add me on Facebook - Danny Pinsuti (Except Suzi Olsen and her split personalities.)
    238 AFL Games.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12