Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good work, Cheer Squad!

On the Rookie List

Good work, Cheer Squad!

I thought the Cheer Squad were in fine voice at Optus yesterday, did a great job. I think they make a lot of other teams' cheer squads look second-rate. Now the challenge is to get the rest of us singing - maybe you need to have some plants spread out amongst the crowd rather than all bunched together. I thought the drum was great too - though I was sitting 25 metres away, but can't see why it would be a problem.

And it was great to see a third of the ground decked out in red and white colours - it always makes me proud when the Swans fans turn out in droves at Melbourne games.

Go Swans Always

Thumbs up

Well said I like to see people complimented when they do a good job. Great one cheer squad - keep in voice.
    Love those Swans

Why thank you, we knew the drum would work. If only we could do the same at the SCG, MCG and Docklands.

We had all the chanters from Melbourne and Sydney together for once, so we were able to get some noise going. I perfer us all grouped together instead of all around the ground in Melbourne because as a group we can make more noise and thats what happened yesterday.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Re: Good work, Cheer Squad!

Originally posted by Angelic Upstart
    I thought the Cheer Squad were in fine voice at Optus yesterday, did a great job. I think they make a lot of other teams' cheer squads look second-rate. Now the challenge is to get the rest of us singing - maybe you need to have some plants spread out amongst the crowd rather than all bunched together. I thought the drum was great too - though I was sitting 25 metres away, but can't see why it would be a problem.

And it was great to see a third of the ground decked out in red and white colours - it always makes me proud when the Swans fans turn out in droves at Melbourne games.
    Can I frame this post? (compliments, what are they-are you reading this Mr Grzanka!!!!? LOL )

JF, admittingly he has eyes-a-welling upon reading this.

PS:- Seriously, we are supposed to be sitting in that annoying pocket again against Melbourne. Considering the fact that we are not playing a feral club like Richmond, why doesn't the Cheer Squad ask to sit in the next bay to the allocated Swans set-seat members area in the Great Southern Stand.

PS2:- "If you like first round draft picks, clap your hands! *CLAP CLAP* (Great stuff, Silent Lurker!)

PS3:- It was great to see the Sydney and "South" fans mingling and getting on so well together. We had this old toothless idiot next to us chanting "South Melbourne" every time we chanted "Sydney". We even said that we were proud of our club's history, and he still went on, even having the nerve to call me and the other Sydneysiders "imposters". He even started on Charlie, who is as Melbourne as a pot of VB! If only instant brain cells came in powdered form!

PS4:- Do you want me to list out the words to some of the 'soccer' songs we were singing Angelic? (Just follow the bouncing ball with Miss Helena. )
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by robbieando

We had all the chanters from Melbourne and Sydney together for once, so we were able to get some noise going. I perfer us all grouped together instead of all around the ground in Melbourne because as a group we can make more noise and thats what happened yesterday.
    By the way Robbie, who is that new bloke who was down the front leading the chants from the floggers? I have never seen him before the Hawks game where he just rocked up and started standing on the seats getting the chants going.

Also Peter Hatley is a bloody loud bastard! Just don't stand on the seats!

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

On the Rookie List
    It was fantastic to see the Cheersquad completely full and very loud!!!!!!! I was so happy I'm actually a member of the Swans Melbourne based Cheersquad and it was fantastic to have the Sydney and Melbourne Swans fans cheering and enjoying the game. It was one of the best games that I have been to, Cheer Squad. Compliments to JF for bringing the drum. It definitely improved the atmosphere. I have no idea who that guy at the front was. I've never really seen him before.

I'm SO over the swans! swan_song's Avatar
    On the box it really looked great to see so much red and white behind the goals, and the crowd noise from the swannies seemed to be just as great as that of the blues fans. Poor old Pagan...just shows u that it takes more than just a super coach to lift a team of hacks and has beens...betcha he wishes now hed stayed a roo.
    "Davis...Davis has kicked 2...he snaps from 40...dont tell me, dont tell me, hes kicked a goal....unbelievable stuff from Nick Davis, can you believe this, he's kicked 3 final quarter goals and Swans are within 3 points..."

I have never seen him before, but he sure does help us out.

JF on that draft pick chant - I'm the one who bloodly told him
    Once was, now elsewhere

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    PS4:- Do you want me to list out the words to some of the 'soccer' songs we were singing Angelic? (Just follow the bouncing ball with Miss Helena. )
    Good idea! I probably know a few myself from my days living in England and going to 'soccer' matches there. One chant I'd like to hear, especially when we're struggling a bit, is a "Come on you Swans" - same as the "Come on you reds" you hear at Liverpool, Man Ure, etc games - do you know which one I mean?

I've tried to start the "C'mon you reds" chant in the Brewongle, and failed .... I think it's a good one.

The "C'mon you reds" has been used every now and then in the Melbourne cheer squad... but it's not that popular. "Reds" isn't a traditional club nickname like Swans or Bloods... that's probably why.
    We hate Anthony Rocca
    We hate Shannon Grant too
    We hate scumbag Gaspar
    But Leo WE LOVE YOU!

TODAY IS MONDAY

My favouite is the Hello Hello one.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast