Thread: Clubs stronger or weaker this year?

aka Mr Taxman

Clubs stronger or weaker this year?

Across all divisions which clubs do you think will be stronger from last year and which ones do you think will be weaker?

Just from my own market analysis/survey of clubs in the past month there are alot of signs that alot of clubs are weaker this year due to:

- committees not being finalised (no club prez in some instances)
    - coaching staff not being finalised for seniors let alone lower grades
    - club websites not being updated
    - no trial matches being organised 4 weeks out from the season
    - clearance forms/player registrations not being sent through to the league in a timely fashion
    - clubs taking a while to get back on the simplest of requests & needing follow-ups

I know that the off-field support doesn't win you a premiership by itself but I can guarantee you that clubs with strong administrations generally end on the top end of the ladder come September.
    See me run a marathon again as a leprechaun?
    Donations

Warming the Bench
    From a Division One point of view, I'd agree with most of that, although I'd like to think we won't finish last as you suggest.

UTS should win it by a street.

As for the Jets, if their top side is as strong as it was last year, and given some of the other also rans don't improve, I can see them winning at least six games if not more.

Re: Re: Clubs stronger or weaker this year?

Pretty much on the money.

End of rds should see following:

ECE
    P Hills
    CTown
    St George
    Balmain
    Uni
    Wests
    Norths
    Wollongong
    Syd Uni

Originally posted by Woodsy
    Educated guesses at best

ECE - will go from strength to strength but may still not win flag just yet

Penno - will go close again

Campbelltown - the smokey for the SFL flag

We$ts - will struggle to make the four as their player exodus continues and the Eynaud magic wears thin

Norths - will groom a bumper crop of younsters but are a ytear away from mounting a decent title tilt. Could scrape into the Four

Easts - will Nicks effect counteract their thin admin and reduced Uni funding. Mid Table obscurity

Saints - may struggle

Wollongong - time to step up but not inspiring with confidence at this stage. Again, juniors need to step up

Balmain - big improvers but 6th at best

Sydney Uni - will not win a game

UTS - should win again and could replace Easts in SFL

Cronulla - only realistic threat to UTS, need to recruit strongly

Manly - racked with off-field problems but will remain strongish on field and make four

Holroyd - cannot see marked improvement unless off-field admin sorted out. 6th

Penrith - survival the priority. 7th

Mac Uni - may surprise but 4th best hope.

Hawkesbury - will be competitive and win 4 - 6 games.

Saints - The new coach has picked up some very very good footballers to add to the kids that have had senior experience over the last few years. Numbers are excellent and will be there at the end of the year.

ECE - Quality side and club that will be driven by last years loss in the GF. Have still retained the nucleus of last years side and will be there at the end of the year.

Penno - Have some quality players heading o/s but there young fellas will step up again.

Campbelltown - Lacked height last year but have covered that this year with Moller, Withers and Wilson. Will take the momentum they had at the end of the year into 2007.

Wests - Have lost some key players but always recruit well and will be competitive again.

Norths - The young fellas from last years 18's premiership side should do well, last year was the first year they havent made the 4 in yonks and can bounce back.

Easts - Nicks first year and that will bring new enthusiasm and im sure a few quality players.

Wollongong - Last years disappointment for me, Will need plenty of experience to add to the young fellas they have there.

Balmain - Have added a lot of players but needed to.If the young kids who played have stuck around they will improve but losing there best player will hurt them.

Sydney Uni - First year back will struggle, but they are very well administered and im sure they have recruited some players.