Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Former Swans in VFL

Plus Aaron Rogers, oddly, left Glenelg in SA to play for Eastlake in Canberra this year. How long ago did we part company with Chris Obst and Ryan Crawford? Their names ring only the vaguest bells.

No doubt many more are kicking around somewhere... Of course, the most famous of all is now Ricky Mott, who is always about to make a shock return to the AFL (even if in reality he's barely having a kick in the backyard in country WA with a couple of mates)!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Plus Aaron Rogers, oddly, left Glenelg in SA to play for Eastlake in Canberra this year.
    Mark Powell is also playing in Canberra this year with Queanbeyan.

I notice at Glenelg there is a Jack Fosdike.

Any relation?

http://www.glenelgfc.com.au/club.htm
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Also Brett Goodes playing for North Ballarat.
    Is there a brother/brother rule?
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    I notice at Glenelg there is a Jack Fosdike.

Any relation?

http://www.glenelgfc.com.au/club.htm
    There are no shortage of Fosdikes out there. Duncan Fosdike was a tall, classy HFFer who had a long career for Norwood in the 1980s. I'm pretty sure he's Nic's uncle (or at least not his dad).

Matthew Fosdike has come up through the underages for Norwood (would be only 17 or 18), and played his first reserves game last w/e. Jack Fosdike also came up through the underages at Norwood (played U/19s in 2006), but got a transfer to Glenelg at the start of the year. I'm quite confident they are related to Nic (and each other), but the exact relationship I don't know for sure; when in doubt, say 'cousins'.

There's also no shortage of Crouches. Luke Crouch has been playing firsts (and a little seconds) for Norwood for a few years. Would be maybe 23yo or so now. Fairly similar size/style of player to Jared (without the same incredible tenacity in tackling). He played reserves last w/e. Again, probly more likely cousin than brother.

There are countless Motlops and Krakouers in the SANFL. All related to each other I'm sure.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    There are countless Motlops and Krakouers in the SANFL. All related to each other I'm sure.
    Most of the AFL Krakouers came from Mt Barker way (south WA) AFAIK.

Veterans List
    They belong to the famous "Fosdike" rabbit breed.

VFL update:

Casey Scopions
    - Garrubba named amongst the best for the third time in a row.
    - Wall kicks 2 goals to go with his 5 from last week.
    Port Melbourne
    - Spriggs named in the best and kicked a goal.
    - Obst BOG.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    There's also no shortage of Crouches. Luke Crouch has been playing firsts (and a little seconds) for Norwood for a few years. Would be maybe 23yo or so now. Fairly similar size/style of player to Jared (without the same incredible tenacity in tackling). He played reserves last w/e. Again, probly more likely cousin than brother.
    Didn't Luke Crouch do a pre-season with the Swans two or three years ago, with a view to getting a spot on the rookie list? Or was that a different Crouch?

On the Rookie List
    I've now got a digital tuner card in my computer which allows me to have a picture in the corner while I'm doing other things such as reading RWO. The thing that I've just noticed is that ABC 2 shows VFL on Wednesday nights. Tonights game at 11.00 pm is Port Melbourne V Box Hill Hawks. Good way of keeping an eye on some of these players.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Quote Originally Posted by GoSouth33 View Post
    I've now got a digital tuner card in my computer which allows me to have a picture in the corner while I'm doing other things such as reading RWO. The thing that I've just noticed is that ABC 2 shows VFL on Wednesday nights. Tonights game at 11.00 pm is Port Melbourne V Box Hill Hawks. Good way of keeping an eye on some of these players.
    Am watching that as well as the cricket and it was a good goal by Spriggs(1st qrt),maybe we should get him back.At least he can kick a goal from 40 meteres out.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast