Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Next two games to decide our top 4 prospects

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    I don't get it - don't the last 10 rounds count for ladder positions? Especially considering that after we finish with Collingwood and Geelong, we can win six of our next seven against Fremantle (h), Carlton (h), West Coast (a), Richmond (h), Melbourne (Manuka), St Kilda (h), Brisbane (a). West coast away is the only tough game and we finish with Collingwood (a) and Hawthorn (h).

I expect we will lose to Geelong, West Coast and Collingwood away. If we win the rest, we finish 14-8. With this even season, 14-8 should get us a top-four position. However, I think a more likely outcome is 13-9 and fifth position, as we have lost winnable games this year (St Kilda, Essendon).

I agree, but Cruiser was talking about our ladder position next week based on a win. Not the end of the season.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    We simply must beat Collingwood that is all there is to it.
    Agreed. If we win, we'll be 4th. If we lose, we'll be languishing in 10th spot (assuming Port beat Ess), with a very tough game vs Geelong to follow.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Geelong's looks longer than ours but of those listed, only David Johnson is an automatic first choice player. King used to be, and maybe he would be again if he ever got really fit but its been so long since he hasn't had some kind of injury that we probably have no idea where he's really at. Plus the combination of Mark Blake and Brad Ottens has been quite impressive for them, so it is hard to tell whether they're really missing King or not.

Since King has been out they have been on fire. King is a dinosaur of the highest order and wont play for them again. The Wallett will swoop in the trade week and sing about his coup from the highest hill. Richmond fans will be left to moan and lament.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivien View Post
    Agreed. If we win, we'll be 4th. If we lose, we'll be languishing in 10th spot (assuming Port beat Ess), with a very tough game vs Geelong to follow.
    Currently 10th at the moment. Win and it's 4th, lose and it's 10th and against an in-form Geelong at the Cattery is going to be a bloody big ask for the Swans to take the 4 points.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Geelong's looks longer than ours but of those listed, only David Johnson is an automatic first choice player. King used to be, and maybe he would be again if he ever got really fit but its been so long since he hasn't had some kind of injury that we probably have no idea where he's really at. Plus the combination of Mark Blake and Brad Ottens has been quite impressive for them, so it is hard to tell whether they're really missing King or not.
    They're not.

Sydney need to go there with their best to be a chance and then they need to take care of a couple of important things.

They need to shut out the run ala the Hawks effort. They are stunning off half back.

Swans also need to convert. When Sydney hit these once a year grounds, ala Footy Park, Subi and Skilled our conversion is generally terrible. Convert at Skilled and its 80% of the battle.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

As previously mentioned, this week's results have made this Saturday night's game our crunch game for 2007.

WIN - 4th
    LOSE - 10th

There aint to many bigger ramifications than that!!

Start getting the red and white ready and on Saturday night...

BE LOUD AND PROUD...GO SWANNIES!
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    As previously mentioned, this week's results have made this Saturday night's game our crunch game for 2007.

WIN - 4th
    LOSE - 10th

There aint to many bigger ramifications than that!!

Start getting the red and white ready and on Saturday night...

BE LOUD AND PROUD...GO SWANNIES!
    HUGE game. Deserves a sell out although this weather is enough to drive anyone to hibernation.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    I agree, but Cruiser was talking about our ladder position next week based on a win. Not the end of the season.
    Yes, I was (thanks).

If we win...If we Lose...

If we win we go to 4th... if we lose we stay 10th.

I know its only one game but thats a huge difference

Tasswan

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Massive game... Though we should win it.

As has been said, a win puts us 4th and potentially, only one win away from a top two spot... simply amazing. The cards have, yet again, fallen our way, time to capitalise and make our run.

A top two spot is still a chance for us if we're good enough.

4th sounds good but would really be equal 10th with 6 other clubs. At what round does percentage really become a good indicator of a final position?

Quote Originally Posted by l@@@gardner View Post
    4th sounds good but would really be equal 10th with 6 other clubs. At what round does percentage really become a good indicator of a final position?
    I think at any stage. The key is in maintaining our healthy percentage. It looks increasingly likely that percentage will have a huge bearing on the final make up of the top 8.
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by l@@@gardner View Post
    4th sounds good but would really be equal 10th with 6 other clubs.
    That's a 'glass half empty' view.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast