Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pictures from 25th Anniversary dinner

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?

Pictures from 25th Anniversary dinner

Great night last night.....

I've got lots of pics here. Can someone PM me and I'll send them over as I'm way to dumb to work out how to post them and way to hung over to even try!!!

Most of them have my ugly mug in them, but a few Swans legends, past and present, as well!!

Blog Entries
    PM'd.

Ohh, exciting. Can't wait to see them.

Ok... Pics have been emailed over to Scott so it's all up to him now. No pressure mate!!

All in all it was a great night. I ran around like a teenage girl at a Nsync concert trying to get picyures of all my favourites. And truxt me, I'm not usually like that. But I figure once every 25 years I'm allowed!!

Food was great, Wine wasn't bad, Venue was just amazing, entertainment was very goof. Though i think a few players were a "bit under the weather" towards the end - Good on 'em, they were having fun and were all more than happy to have a chat and take a pic so two thumbs up to all the players for putting up with me and every other pissed idiot there!

Capper was gold as was Kel's and MOL in their speeches.

The DVD/History thing they played through the night made me shed a tear or two when it went through all the bad times, but made me grin from ear to ear remembering all the good times as well. Quite emotional stuff for a fan like myself.

Craig Willis was pretty good as MC but so was John Mongos, Adam Spencer and the other one... Actually, the one I can't remember the name of was the funniest.

Great night.

Enjoy the pics!

Warming the Bench

Smile

The funniest speech was Rheece Muldoon (aka Des Butterworth) - "the game's changed" - it was excellent!

A wonderful friend found us two complimentary tickets, so we had a fantastic night. I was both in tears and laughter at various points throughout the night, when different aspects of the struggle of the last 25 years were shown. And just as they were getting towards that great day in 2005, all the screens went out - very dramatic!

Overall, a great tribute and credit to this fantastic club!

Quote Originally Posted by Bindo View Post
    The funniest speech was Rheece Muldoon (aka Des Butterworth) - "the game's changed" - it was excellent!
    That's the one......

He was dead set hilarious.... Highlight of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Ok... Pics have been emailed over to Scott so it's all up to him now. No pressure mate!!
    OI!!! Scott!!! Forget about that trivial "work" stuff and do something far more important!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j s View Post
    OI!!! Scott!!! Forget about that trivial "work" stuff and do something far more important!!

25th Anniversary Dinner Pics

Loved Cappers tights
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

I'm with you RP & Bindo - fantastic night - for the Swans supporter you couldnt not get a bit emotional about it all a fantastic tribute to the last 25 years - a mammoth event to arrange - the tent was incredible and did spring the odd leak here and there - but overall - it looked amazing. Our gift was a bottle of special edition verdhello from Mcguigans.

I loved the screens hanging from the ceiling - there was no way that you didnt have a good view of what was going on no matter where your table was.

The other MC was Mike Coward - he was really funny - but Rhys Muldoon made me laugh so hard that champers nearly came out of my nose!

The Food was great - agree wine was ok - but certainly plentiful and our waiters were terrific - as soon as they could see the glasses or beer bottles were emptying - suddenly new full ones appeared!!! Hence the slight headache I have today (well its rude to not drink what is put in front of you....)

Got my photo with Spida & a few others (couldnt get to Barry - I think the security knew I was in the room! ) - just have to work out how to download which I will get one of the kids at the office too do for me on Monday. had a good chat with Keiran Jack - a really nice boy too. Our table was next to Greg Stafford & Frosty McPhersons and they were on for a bit of a chat and laugh - wondered how come we had our drinks continue without asking - one of the guys said that it was because we were on a QBE table - they had the power!.
    The blokes toilets (at the Paddington end) were outside - and poor old Luffy came in soaked through - but with beer in hand he didnt have a care in the world.
    Managed a brief chat with Mr Roos as well (he is a very handsome man up close)

Caught out my Aunty accosting Monty and Jonathon Simpkins (see it runs in the family!), I just told her to leave those young boys alone - Monty looked at me oddly, I just said "its alright its my Aunty June" - so he started calling her that too.

I believe that the topic of conversation in the mens was about the outfit that Monty's girlfriend wasnt wearing - and if this girl who walked past with a few scraps of black material is her, (my colleague pointed her out) then I reckon she would have got one hell of a chill in that number.

You could pick the players girls - all looked lovely, mostly blonde (not that there is anything wrong with that) but some seemed to try and out do each other. But a good perve for the menfolk in the tent.

All blokes look great in suits - Spida looked terrific - Warwick Cappers trousers, were hilarious and he is keeping up the tradition of keeping em tight "for the laydeees" he is such a laugh. So for us girls - the men scrubbed up really well - even, and Old Kenny looked suave!

Richard Wilkins was sitting at the table full of women behind us - he seemed to be enjoying himself.

In all - I had a great time - the night went so fast - but most importantly you really could "feel the love" in the room. So when it was all over - made a beeline for the cab rank - I did pretty well about 40th in line and the cabs came in their droves (and I got a silver one hurrah!!)

Details on the food

Entree: Leek Thyme & Gruyere tartlet with walnut & watercress salad
    Main Rosemary roast lamb Rump with confit potato, ratatouille, baaby spinach & aioli
    Dessert : Chocolate and hazelnut martini with praline cream and hazelnut crips.

The wines were McGuigans

Well done to the events department - despite the howling rain - it went off without a hitch (well the lightpros went off for a second but taht was about it) The 50th anniversary will be a blinder! Bring it on!
    Last edited by Wardy; 15th June 2007 at 03:07 PM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

That's more like it. Well done Wardy. Was there anyone in the 40-55 age group that looked available?
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Apologies for the ugly head in all of them!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast